darthdevidem01

Friday Estimates (1:30PM Update) -- JC ($9.5-11m), Lorax ($9-9.5m)

Tell me your moviegoing history. I'm not even sure if you've seen the film or not.

I haven't, but the promotion was terrible which is all that matters for opening weekend. If it ends up being good I hope the drops are good, but a poor job of advertising deserves a poor box office opening.

I haven't, but the promotion was terrible which is all that matters for opening weekend. If it ends up being good I hope the drops are good, but a poor job of advertising deserves a poor box office opening.

Why? The people who actually worked on the movie most likely had nothing to do with the marketing.

Like the Dark Night Rises????? I have seen only one trailer, and only that. Nothing at comic con, nothing on the TV or magazines, so should this one fail?

You're reacting this way and yet you haven't even seen the film? Where's the "I just think that movies should make money proportionate to their quality." here? The movie isn't great, but your reasoning is just unfathomable.

The Devil Inside should have break the OW record then.

I don't understand what you guys don't get. The advertising is why people see a film, so I'm glad when a film does poorly that is badly advertised. That's all. :)

I get it. That is why I said The Devil Inside should have breaked the OW record. Or at least get closed to that.