darthdevidem01

Friday Estimates (1:30PM Update) -- JC ($9.5-11m), Lorax ($9-9.5m)

There's just no way to spin it, that's bad. Oh well, I'll still see it Monday.And very good for the Lorax.Silent House not great but then again I can't imagine it costing too much.ATW-Wasn't this supposed to be the last kind of this film Eddie Murphy was doing?

I really hope so.

OUCH. John Carter is going to BADLY need the international market to save it from being a disaster.I'm surprised to be honest. The box office has been really solid this year so far, with so many movies exceeding expectations, so for JC to underperform in what seems to be a hot market is pretty damn awful.

Disney just can't seem to do sci-fi all that well. What the company can't seem to commit to is allowing their director to be the primary force of creativity in the film. Even though this is a property that's inspired a hundred years worth of sci-fi adventures, it was never a true passion project, just something that happened on the coattails of Avatar.

Disney just can't seem to do sci-fi all that well. What the company can't seem to commit to is allowing their director to be the primary force of creativity in the film. Even though this is a property that's inspired a hundred years worth of sci-fi adventures, it was never a true passion project, just something that happened on the coattails of Avatar.

Andrew Stanton had free reign on this one. He made the movie he wanted to make. There are many interviews where he says he doesn't worry about cost because he's an artist. It's out there. Blame the marketing on Disney but they gave Stanton the creative control to make his movie his way.

Andrew Stanton had free reign on this one. He made the movie he wanted to make. There are many interviews where he says he doesn't worry about cost because he's an artist. It's out there. Blame the marketing on Disney but they gave Stanton the creative control to make his movie his way.

Creative control isn`t always a good thing. Jackson had creative control over KK and Apatow over Funny People. Both should have been seriously restrained. Haven`t seen JC yet but it looks like it`s the case here too.