sfran43

Monday's Numbers

When will the Ocean's 9 announcement happen? I would think they might want to sustain this interest and let folks know more is on the way. It might even get some folks who didn't show, thinking it was going to fail and be one/done, to get out and go see this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

When will the Ocean's 9 announcement happen? I would think they might want to sustain this interest and let folks know more is on the way. It might even get some folks who didn't show, thinking it was going to fail and be one/done, to get out and go see this. 

If they do not need a script to get Bullock to say yes to a sequel they probably need at least either a very good outline or a director on board.

And being a soon 60 year's old franchise on it's second reboot, it is probably not perceived has a flash in a pan of the moment need the sequel next year before it fade away type. Last time they went 01/04/07 without any problem, they are working on such classic trope that you do not need to really remember the previous entry much, specially when they create a complete new heist that they will wrap around in the new movie.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

If they do not need a script to get Bullock to say yes to a sequel they probably need at least either a very good outline or a director on board.

And being a soon 60 year's old franchise on it's second reboot, it is probably not perceived has a flash in a pan of the moment need the sequel next year before it fade away type. Last time they went 01/04/07 without any problem, they are working on such classic trope that you do not need to really remember the previous entry much, specially when they create a complete new heist that they will wrap around in the new movie.

I imagine WB is working on a sequel script and they'll likely try and woo back Soderbergh or get a female director. I don't see O9 happening until 2021 at the earliest. 

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Oceans 9 needs to get rid of useless cast (Paulson, Riri, Mindy, Awquafina sp? who else was there?), fill their roles with useful cast and add 1 more. 

That's not going to happen.  The cast has been set and this is the cast they will move forward with, unless one of them asks for a ridiculous salary.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Oceans 9 needs to get rid of useless cast (Paulson, Riri, Mindy, Awquafina sp? who else was there?), fill their roles with useful cast and add 1 more. 

The cast was the best part! They need a new director!

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

The cast was the best part! They need a new director!

the cast outside of Sandy/Cate/Anne didn't do shit. I don't even know why they needed so many when the movie was clearly set up to highlight only 3. And it isn't like the rest of them have real drawing power (music stars usually have no impact on movies they are in, see Solo debacle dispite/inspite Gambino). 

Edited by Valonqar

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

the cast outside of Sandy/Cate/Anne didn't do shit. I don't even know why they needed so many when the movie was clearly set up to highlight only 3. And it isn't like the rest of them have real drawing power (music stars usually have no impact on movies they are in, see Solo debacle dispite/inspite Gambino). 

Sarah and Mindy were AMAZING and their characters had BIG roles. And Rihanna had that awesome storyline with her sister. It wasn’t like in O12 anyone had any more to do than in O8. 

The point of the movie was to see awesome woman working together to steal stuff. It doesn’t work if there isn’t an ensemble. 

• Like 5