sfran43

Monday's Numbers

23 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I don't even know why they needed so many when the movie was clearly set up to highlight only 3.

The franchise is built on assemble and having the amount of people in the heist in the movie title, making one demand for it (and it was a little amount of them).  So you could be right, some could have been put there just because you absolutely need by default to have a group.

It can have many purpose, in 11 they provide some comic relieve and the movie being all about the 2 lead being cool (Clooney/Pitt) making them look cooler in contrast to very uncool character like Damon or the brothers.

How much from each survived all the script, during shoot and editing/reshoot process can make some of them look useless, when they had a role in the movie at some point.

Palson being the suburb mom is a way to ground it for audience versus some of those more superheroes type character, you need an electronic/hacker person in the crew, the pickpocket and other trope of the genre, having a group make it possible for a sub-group to know something the rest does not and have twist/conflict and so on.

Has for recast or extravagant demand, I doubt it happen. Chance are good some does not return like a Rihanna that could be very busy around that time and certainly didn't lock herself into a sequel and Helena Bonham Carter that was forced into it a bit has an unwilling participation without any heisting skill and went back to legal life could easily become a cameo if she is still there.

I think there will be natural to have a group of 9 with 3 new face + new villain without having to make any special effort.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

@Barnack I have no problem with big ensembles if everyone gets something useful to do. As it is, I found over 50% of the cast useless and disposable, and I see that reaction at least on the Internet is the same, including reviews. 

That said, never seen a single Ocean's movie with Clooney and co start to finish. Was bored by one of them, don't remember which. O8 was better. 

49 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

the cast outside of Sandy/Cate/Anne didn't do shit. I don't even know why they needed so many when the movie was clearly set up to highlight only 3. And it isn't like the rest of them have real drawing power (music stars usually have no impact on movies they are in, see Solo debacle dispite/inspite Gambino). 

So what you're saying is that the script let down the cast but it's the cast that should pay for it. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

the cast outside of Sandy/Cate/Anne didn't do shit. I don't even know why they needed so many when the movie was clearly set up to highlight only 3. And it isn't like the rest of them have real drawing power (music stars usually have no impact on movies they are in, see Solo debacle dispite/inspite Gambino). 

Donald Glover is not the star of Solo and barely is in the movie, so why is he supposed to be responsible for its performance? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Donald Glover is not the star of Solo and barely is in the movie, so why is he supposed to be responsible for its performance? 

Why do you go from someone saying he had no impact to him claiming he was supposed to be responsible for it's performance ? Glover could have been cast even without is music career, he was a good choice for that role imo and it is not like Star Wars thought they needed stars for the US market.

Has for the claim pop star has no impact on their movies. I would be curious for Harry Style in Dunkirk for the UK and US exit pool metrics.

Eminem obviously had a giant impact on 8 miles, Elvis back in the days, Whitney Houston, Prince, I think it can work specially if it is a event debut and the role match perfectly like Eminem. And you need major stardom.

For a role that has nothing to do with singing/stage persona, less obvious.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

61% drop for Skyscraper.

giphy.gif

Even with summer days, not surprising for a Johnson movie to play on the family title side, with better than expected internal multi good sunday and Monday drop on the heavy side.

I am sure Rampage -75% first monday created some commotion also.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Has for the claim pop star has no impact on their movies. I would be curious for Harry Style in Dunkirk for the UK and US exit pool metrics.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like Rihanna helped Valerian in the US, or anywhere else.