ChipDerby

2018 Comic-Con Thread

34 minutes ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

My Dad and I are lining up. And we're definitely packing for it.

God, how early do you have to get up to wait for Hall H? That sounds like a 70% of the day affair. Good luck!

With the Fox Disney deal  almost certainly happening now that Comcast has dropped out of the race for Fox Studiios (though it is still trying to buy Sky One) I suspect quite a few questions about what Marvel Studios plans to do with the X men and Fantastic Four will be asked, and the Marvle execs will dodge the questions.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

With the Fox Disney deal  almost certainly happening now that Comcast has dropped out of the race for Fox Studiios (though it is still trying to buy Sky One) I suspect quite a few questions about what Marvel Studios plans to do with the X men and Fantastic Four will be asked, and the Marvle execs will dodge the questions.

I think those questions would make sense if asked next Comic Con. One thing's for sure is that this deal might actually be finalized way before 2019 SDCC so SDCC is going to be huge for Marvel and the MCU. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMan7 said:

I think those questions would make sense if asked next Comic Con. One thing's for sure is that this deal might actually be finalized way before 2019 SDCC so SDCC is going to be huge for Marvel and the MCU. 

I think the questions will be asked, and we won't get any  answers till next year. The collapse over the past few days of Comcast attempts to buy Fox sort of makes a couple of question inevitable.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Marvel Studios skipped this year. There is no one to ask, unless it comes up at the Deadpool 2 Panel. And none of them would actually know. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DMan7 said:

I wonder if that will be the time when Marvel will fully announce their "Phase 4" slate or if it would already be too late as any of the 2020 films would technically need to be filming already.