ChipDerby

2018 Comic-Con Thread

(Because of being non mobile it is legit easier to just upload to the Instagram I never use to post pics, so that is why the formatting is what it is)

We are four rows back for Predator and Doctor Who. Will do a room update depending on how well the Wi-Fi holds. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

The Titans trailer is fine. It looks inline with most of the other superhero TV shows.

And LOL at people saying "I've seen student films that look better!". No, you haven't. You're being deliberately obtuse.

oh wait so it's a tv show? That makes more sense

Starts off with fun BTS video of “Predator v ??”  It is fun. (The Rock and Yoda would beat Predator. Punisher would die.) The cast is FUN. Sterling K Brown is INCAPABLE of not being 110% amazing at everything he does. 

The moderator Grae Drake is killing it. Keeping an unimpressed crowd (most are all here for Who) engaged. Very nice.

The first clip they showed was an ensemble. (The boys meaning Olivia Munn’s character for the first time.) It is pure Shane Black. It. Is. Hysterical. They have great chemistry. 

LMFAO. Thomas Jane is vaping on stage. 

Sad! The movie takes place at Halloween and not Christmas. 

Now they are doing Q&A which is terrible. I don’t know why they do this. Make it stop. 

The second clip is a bigger Predator killing a smaller Predator. It is good. And loud. The trailer looks like a generic action movie. Comedy clip was waaay more exciting. This will be fun in September. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RandomCat said:

I have thoughts on this trailer for Titans. Pretty much summed up by "Fuck Batman", as said by Jason Todd.

Okay...So I'm fine with Edgy Robin, even if cracking dudes necks and stabbing them in the neck is a little...much, but I accepted Arrow doing that, eventually. And Raven's a little weird, but hey, new take. Starfire I'm mildly confused about, but that's fine. Beastboy had a second of footage.

But I'm still very unsure how Dove, Avatar of Peace, has razor sharp wings that will cut a dude, was ever a good idea, and isn't a complete betrayal of what is supposed to be her character?

2 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Okay...So I'm fine with Edgy Robin, even if cracking dudes necks and stabbing them in the neck is a little...much, but I accepted Arrow doing that, eventually. And Raven's a little weird, but hey, new take. Starfire I'm mildly confused about, but that's fine. Beastboy had a second of footage.

But I'm still very unsure how Dove, Avatar of Peace, has razor sharp wings that will cut a dude, was ever a good idea, and isn't a complete betrayal of what is supposed to be her character?

I'm fairly certain this Dove is based on the Rob Liefeld version.

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

I'm fairly certain this Dove is based on the Rob Liefeld version.

But...that Dove was Don Hall, not Dawn Granger. Even then, the trailer's version of Dove doesn't track with the 5 issues Liefeld ever wrote for Dove anyway.

2 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

But...that Dove was Don Hall, not Dawn Granger. Even then, the trailer's version of Dove doesn't track with the 5 issues Liefeld ever wrote for Dove anyway.

Just telling you all I know. You'd have to ask the creators which run this Dove is based on.

Just now, ChipMunky said:

Just telling you all I know. You'd have to ask the creators which run this Dove is based on.

My point is, I have never seen Dove portrayed like this in any run. Dove is the Avatar of Peace. That is where the power comes from. Showcasing Dove fighting and using her wings to bloodily cut someone is the antithesis of what her character should be.

• Like 1

Doctor Who Panel:

Crowd is STOKED. This is what people camped out for. Chris Chibnall dropping the truth of “Comic Con is indescribable.” Damn right. 

The opened with a cute coming to SDCC video and then a hype video of fans excited for Jodie/The First Female Doctor. Silly and wonderfully, manipulatively emotional. 

Panelist a bit lower energy than before (but that is what happens when the first is with KMK) yet they are engaged and clearly SO excited for this journey. Tosin Role is a hoot, talking about how he told everyone despite the NDA.

Teaser trailer shows NOTHING. They clearly want you to know ANYTHING. 

Chris Chibnall is talking about how they are withholding everything because “television is a communal experience and there are things you should not be spoiled for”. 

They showed off the new sonic screwdriver. 

And now they are doing fan Q&A.  But the first Question is the Button Lady!!  LMFAO. (She did today instead of Saturday.)

There were some good questions (shocking). 

Chris Chibnall talked about how this season is NEW. You can jump in. No real call backs. Really focused on where does the show go next. 

Talked about trying to do practical effects for the monsters, which there are lot of them. 

Jodie Whittaker talks about telling Tennant about getting the role the hour or so before the world reveal. He was like: “Why are you calling me?!?! 🤔😂🤯

Jodie Whittaker is getting emotional talking about how The Doctor is genderless and how that was really liberating to play. Jodie’s Doctor is a Pillar of Hope, pacifist, brainsy, and smart.  This Doctor is in love with life, and brings respect to all she meets. 

Footage didn’t sell me anymore on the new Doctor.  But who cares. CAUSE THEY’RE FEMALE. GONNA BE THE BEST DOCTOR EVER. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RandomCat said:

My point is, I have never seen Dove portrayed like this in any run. Dove is the Avatar of Peace. That is where the power comes from. Showcasing Dove fighting and using her wings to bloodily cut someone is the antithesis of what her character should be.

I assume she fights in the comics, though, right? I've never read her character.