ChipDerby

2018 Comic-Con Thread

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Anyway. They showed the footage and trailer. I don’t know what they are gonna show in the public version but Han is gonna die. The camera loves Haley. She looks great and is selling it. 

😬😬😬😬

• Like 1

It’s showtime. @That One Guy  

SPIDER-MAN: INTO DARKNESS

Miller and Lord talked about how they HAD TO DO MILES If they were doing a Spider-Man story. (Did you hear that, Kevin Feige? MILES. GET HIM ON SCREEN NOW.)

The actors are talking about their characters and why they were excited for the roles.  Shameik Moore was excited it was a Black-Mexican Spider-Man. Jake’s Johnson was excited to play a chubby 40 year old Peter Parker. Hailee Steinfeld was excited to be a female superhero/first Spider-Woman. 

The producers are talking about how the “great power comes great responsibility” adage applies to Miles as well. How they are trying to be a different form of animation, torned from the pages of the comics, just like how Miles is a different Spider-Man.

Spider-Verse is just about AUs. This is when I zoned out to have a side conversation about If Taika is gonna do GOTG3. 

FOOTAGE TIME!!

SPIDER-HAM

SPIDER-HAM

DOES WHATEVER A PIGGY CAN

AS VOICED BY JOHN MULANEY. 

😍🤯😂😍😱😭😭😭

AND SPIDEY NOIR VOICED BY NIC CAGE. AND MAY PARKER!!

They showed the first meeting of Peter and Miles. It was AWWWWesome. They showed unfinished animation, but the stuff they showed it great. It definitely has its own look, and it really explores different textures and color schemes. Just love it. I can’t wait. CAN’T WAIT. 

VENOM

LMFAAAAAAAO.  They tried to pass out Venom masks to the Hall. Only the back of the Hall didn’t get them. So they were yelling at The EmCee about how they weren’t ready. And when she tried to Start the We Want Venom Chant the back half stayed quiet. 😂😂😂. You don’t mess with our swag!

Tom Hardy is speaking and I am shook. I am don’t think I have ever seen him speak.

There is some unintentional LOLz of the Director talking about how he wanted to do a DARK AND GRITTY AND ADULT film, you know, unlike all those other Marvel movies, and Hardy talking about how he wanted to do the movie cause of his kids.

FOOTAGE TIME

THEY SHRUNK THE TONGUE. IT DOESN’T LOOK LIKE A DICK ANYMORE. BWAHAHA.  And the end teaser was Carnage, I think. It was another evil Symbiote.  Nope. It was Riot. 

The audience ATE THIS UP.

Spider-Man isn’t In the movie.

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

It’s showtime. @That One Guy  

SPIDER-MAN: INTO DARKNESS

Miller and Lord talked about how they HAD TO DO MILES If they were doing a Spider-Man story. (Did you hear that, Kevin Feige? MILES. GET HIM ON SCREEN NOW.)

The actors are talking about their characters and why they were excited for the roles.  Shameik Moore was excited it was a Black-Mexican Spider-Man. Jake’s Johnson was excited to play a chubby 40 year old Peter Parker. Hailee Steinfeld was excited to be a female superhero/first Spider-Woman. 

The producers are talking about how the “great power comes great responsibility” adage applies to Miles as well. How they are trying to be a different form of animation, torned from the pages of the comics, just like how Miles is a different Spider-Man.

Spider-Verse is just about AUs. This is when I zoned out to have a side conversation about If Taika is gonna do GOTG3. 

FOOTAGE TIME!!

SPIDER-HAM

SPIDER-HAM

DOES WHATEVER A PIGGY CAN

AS VOICED BY JOHN MULANEY. 

😍🤯😂😍😱😭😭😭

AND SPIDEY NOIR VOICED BY NIC CAGE. AND MAY PARKER!!

They showed the first meeting of Peter and Miles. It was AWWWWesome. They showed unfinished animation, but the stuff they showed it great. It definitely has its own look, and it really explores different textures and color schemes. Just love it. I can’t wait. CAN’T WAIT. 

VENOM

LMFAAAAAAAO.  They tried to pass out Venom masks to the Hall. Only the back of the Hall didn’t get them. So they were yelling at The EmCee about how they weren’t ready. And when she tried to Start the We Want Venom Chant the back half stayed quiet. 😂😂😂. You don’t mess with our swag!

Tom Hardy is speaking and I am shook. I am don’t think I have ever seen him speak.

There is some unintentional LOLz of the Director talking about how he wanted to do a DARK AND GRITTY AND ADULT film, you know, unlike all those other Marvel movies, and Hardy talking about how he wanted to do the movie cause of his kids.

FOOTAGE TIME

THEY SHRUNK THE TONGUE. IT DOESN’T LOOK LIKE A DICK ANYMORE. BWAHAHA.  And the end teaser was Carnage, I think. It was another evil Symbiote.  Nope. It was Riot. 

The audience ATE THIS UP.

Spider-Man isn’t In the movie.

:bravo:

Just ran into either Lord or Miller at the Good Plates. Told them the Spider-Man footage looked awesome and I loved his Cast. He has a cast on his arm with gems glued on to look like the IG 😂😂😂

(took every once of my tact not to comment on Solo😂😂😂)

• Haha 5

So I was in Hall H for all the panels except for Preacher, and pretty much all of them had at least something I liked.

Brief thoughts: Universal panel was my favorite. Glass looked really cool, but Halloween was the standout. That footage ruled, and the panel itself had many great moments, especially with Jamie Lee Curtis. 

Bumblebee also looked pretty good (even as someone who's not a Transformers fan) and Into The Spider-Verse looked amazing even with the unfinished footage. Venom still looks like hot garbage IMO, but at least we got some info about Riz Ahmed's character.

Overall, for my first time in Hall H, I loved it. Hoping to get into WB tomorrow.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

So I was in Hall H for all the panels except for Preacher, and pretty much all of them had at least something I liked.

Brief thoughts: Universal panel was my favorite. Glass looked really cool, but Halloween was the standout. That footage ruled, and the panel itself had many great moments, especially with Jamie Lee Curtis. 

Bumblebee also looked pretty good (even as someone who's not a Transformers fan) and Into The Spider-Verse looked amazing even with the unfinished footage. Venom still looks like hot garbage IMO, but at least we got some info about Riz Ahmed's character.

Overall, for my first time in Hall H, I loved it. Hoping to get into WB tomorrow.

Doesn't Hall H costs a few hundred thousand dollars to rent for an hour?  If so ouch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

Darling, you need to go NOW to get your wrist band if you want to do H tomorrow. NOW. They only had like 400 or so left when we rolled over. 

2 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Darling, you need to go NOW to get your wrist band if you want to do H tomorrow. NOW. They only had like 400 or so left when we rolled over. 

Your friend got to see 18 minutes of footage and the new trailer 😭

9 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Just ran into either Lord or Miller at the Good Plates. Told them the Spider-Man footage looked awesome and I loved his Cast. He has a cast on his arm with gems glued on to look like the IG 😂😂😂

(took every once of my tact not to comment on Solo😂😂😂)

Lucky. You got to meet the greats.

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Your friend got to see 18 minutes of footage and the new trailer 😭

Did she? She just rolled into the hotel room last night and said, “It looked amazing” and then when I asked “Anything Else”, she was like “No, I know you don’t care.”

She did say that  Robert Rodriguez was THE BEST and geeked out about getting to use all of Cameron’s tech toys.

@DMan7

You are in luck. WB is walk in. Reports to follow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Did she? She just rolled into the hotel room last night and said, “It looked amazing” and then when I asked “Anything Else”, she was like “No, I know you don’t care.”

She did say that  Robert Rodriguez was THE BEST and geeked out about getting to use all of Cameron’s tech toys.

@DMan7

How long from now is the start?

Just now, captainwondyful said:

@DMan7

The sass! Could she be upset you didn't come with her?

From what I've read on twitter they said it looked great but these are probably all mega fans so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.