ChipDerby

2018 Comic-Con Thread

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

The sass! Could she be upset you didn't come with her?

From what I've read on twitter they said it looked great but these are probably all mega fans so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

You heard wrong, I heard it's the best thing at SDCC this year and all other booths to come next should pack up and go home. 

Just now, DMan7 said:

You heard wrong, I heard it's the best thing at SDCC this year and all other booths to come next should pack up and go home. 

is dman an anagram of DAMN cos Alita set the house on FIRE

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DMan7 said:

How long from now is the start?

Says the panel starts at 10:30AM PST. So in about an hour they will start moving us in. 

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

The sass! Could she be upset you didn't come with her?

Nah. She is a big girl. She knew I was only going for Rodriguez. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Says the panel starts at 10:30AM PST. So in about an hour they will start moving us in. 

Nah. She is a big girl. She knew I was only going for Rodriguez. 

Make sure to give us a nice floor report on how the panel is in terms of the crowd and reactions. :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kalo said:

So we Already know a Aquaman trailer is coming. What about Shazam!? or possibly even WW84???

Looks like they are presenting the movie in order of there release since Fantastic Beasts 2 is going on right now which means the next will be Aquaman, Shazam, Godzilla 2 then WW84.

• Like 1

WB PANEL

In full disclosure (Snark. Put under tag so folks can skip):

Spoiler

I have been in Hall H Saturday nine times in the past eleven years. (Only years I missed was the year Marvel skipped because I was on a film set, and didn’t get into for Iron Man / Incredible Hulk, cause it was my first Con, and I had no clue what the fuck I was doing.)

I know the crowd (as In their are regulars). I know when they aren’t happy. I have seen all the stunts, and the flops, and the Hilarious filler. (The Campaign Panel Failure is my favorite SDCC Moment EVER.)

So. With that in mind.

Spoiler

All right, ladies. The SDCC Star QB, Kevin Feige, is out for the game due to complications (Fox Merger, James Gunn Fiasco, Deep Commitment to the #NoSpoilersEndOfMCUAesthetic).

So it is time for the JV QB, Warner Bros, to step the fuck up and win the Big Saturday Game!

Will they manage to wow the crowd? Will they ACTUALLY show exclusive footage or just put it on the Internet two seconds later making the entire panel moot? Will they release the Snyder Cut?  Will there be SWAG?  Will it be GOOD?

Or will Marvel Studios Just release the Captain Marvel poster and still win the news cycle?

STAY TUNED!

I don’t know. I am just here for Wonder Woman and Godzilla. 

CROWD REPORT:

Warner Bros is already flopping on the wristband/crowd front. 

I am SHOOKTH. 

Hall H Saturday is the hardest room to get into because of the Marvel Studios Panel. They INSIST they go LAST (SDCC has tried to have them go first and they refused). And they show real exclusive footage. There are hype videos from last year which STILL haven’t leaked on line. 

Because they go last, the room fills at 10AM and does not empty until 7PM. People at SDCC KNOW If you do not have a wristband, and you are not camping overnight, you aren’t getting in. 

This year, we walked over at 9:30PM last night, waited an hour, got the last group wristband, and left. We returned at like 6AM, got in line, and just got into the room. It is 10AM and only 2/3 full. 

So that is the first big report: Without Marvel Studios, the line for WB Panel only extends to Joe’s Crab Shack. They did not give out all the D wristbands. The panel is Walk Up. 

It is 10:18AM. People are still filling in.

According to the Twitter ONLY three chutes of overflow was full outside.

The crowd inside is muted. Like, before the Doctor Who Panel people tried to start The Who theme show. Before Marvel there is always the We Want Marvel Chant. The room feels quiet and chill. 

There are a FEW Harry Potter Cosplays/T-shirt’s But not as much as I would have expected.

There is SO MANY Wonder Woman  paraphernalia. Way more than any other JL member. 

There is also the FIRST LINE DRAMA of the day!!  Apparenrtly the front three rows don’t have wrist bands!! 

My mobile is acting up. Sorry for the double posts. Gonna have to make a new post. I will do another post AT THE END of the DCEU part and then another for the rest of the movies. 

AND EDDIE IS HERE. 

WE ARE STARTING!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Eddie is CLAIMING we are about to EXCLUSIVE footage. I will believe it when I see it, but he’s never lied before. 

THE BIG SCREENS ARE OUT!  

WB IS UPPING THEIR GAME WITH THE SIZZLER REEL. (highlight reel of their biggest hits — Wonder Woman, Inception, and Fury Road got the biggest applauds. It was dope. Got the crowd HYPED.)

Aisha Taylor is being THE BEST dropping the truth bombs of: “I slept for three days out on the hot pavement for Wonder Woman”. 

WE ARE STarting with Fantastic Beasts. ( @FantasticBeasts )

Big screens has some really cool concept art. WB’s production value is UPPED. They all gave us wristband that LIT UP when Eddie came out and waved his wand. Awesome. 

They dropped the trailer and it is probably already online by the time I finish this write up. People SCREAMED for the tag at the end. 

Cast came out. Ezra Miller is also being QUALITY. Jude Law looks like a hobo. Zoe wants to impeach Trump with Magic and Ezra wants to destroy the patriarchy.   Cast is bringing their A game  —

THEY JUST BROUGHT OUT JOHNNY DEPP TO RIP OFF TOM. I CAN NOT STOP HISSING. THE MOTHER FUCKER DOESNT EVEN KNOW HIS LINES. THEY ARE CLEARLY FEEDING HIM SHIT. I CANT. I CANT. 

WHY WB. YOU WERE DOING SO WELL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

LEGO MOVIE!!

ADORABLE opening with Aquaman jokes! They brought the cast out, and Lord and Miller — and the crowd got a look at The IG Cast. So much LOLz from them. The other one made a joke about how their are two amazing casts in this movie. THE PUNS. I still don’t known which one is which. 

Chris Pratt talked about how he is basically His character. He was cast when playing Andy and ended recording as he was playing Star Lord. 

Stephanie is talking about how she has a scar from falling on Legos as a kid. 

We are at the Q&A part. Same person as before is once again asking awkward questions. 

GUUUUISES

GUUIIIIIIIISES

THE FOOTAGE. TIFFANY HADDISH IS A UNICORN. It is hilarious. Same tone as before. Good cameos (Harley making Suicide References. crazy LOL chris Pratt joke I won’t spoil)

Crowd ate it up. 

GODZILLA IS NEXT

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you want to put aside everything that Depp has done, its still weird that they’d allow Johnny Depp to be in the vicinity of Amber Heard. Like did WB not think this through? Do they not care?

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1