ChipDerby

2018 Comic-Con Thread

22 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

It was. 

I am not there; sorry Nova, no recap. But the whole thing should be online like on Tuesday at the latest. I went back to the hotel and crashed/napped after the WB.  But the Hall H Twitter says that we’re maxed to cap. Which is impressive because about half the room left after the WB. 

Nah you're good! I mean I wouldnt expect anyone to sit for a panel about a movie that already came out and has its blu-ray out in a month. Maybe Id go just to see the cast because why not but thats a big maybe.....

Its why Im kinda shocked that Hall H is packed for it. Like what could they talk about that they haven't already talked about 

:sparta:

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

Nah you're good! I mean I wouldnt expect anyone to sit for a panel about a movie that already came out and has its blu-ray out in a month. Maybe Id go just to see the cast because why not but thats a big maybe.....

Its why Im kinda shocked that Hall H is packed for it. Like what could they talk about that they haven't already talked about 

:sparta:

There are Celebs there and the star fuckers wanna see their beautiful faces in person!!

• Haha 1

Hi all, was going around SDCC today so I wasn't able to post my thoughts on WB's panel (I managed to get in!!!) until now. So brief thoughts again:

Fantastic Beasts trailer was better than the first one, since it had more to show than just "LOOK WE GOT DUMBLEDORE GUYS!". Still wouldn't say I'm sold, but I am at least curious about the film.

Lego Movie 2 looked hilarious. Footage had the spirit of the original film while looking fresh. Tiffany Haddish's character is gonna rule.

Godzilla: King Of The Monsters looks insane, and Bear McCreary composing with the original theme is exciting.

And as for the DC films, all of the footage was exciting, but Shazam! stole the show for me. But the one thing each of the trailers convinced me of was that DC is looking to be on the right track (even WW 1984 looked impressive despite only 3 and 1/2 weeks of filming being done).

That's all I got to say. G'Night ya'll.

• Like 6

my rankings of all the trailers I watched

1. SHAZAM
2. Star vs. the Forces of Evil Season 4
3. Glass
4. Godzilla: King of the Monsters

5. Fantastic Beasts
6. Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus
7. Aquaman

8. The Dragon Prince

• Like 3

YT Trailer views as of 7am EST the morning after

YT channels - top 2 or channels over 1m views so far

Aquaman:  10,142,997 (total)

WB:  9,195,679 views / 273K likes / 10K dislikes

FS:  947,318 views / 23K /1.1K

Shazam!: 10,677,126  
Film Select: 5,798,464 views / 172K/ 12k 
WB:  4,878,662 views / 193K /7.1K

Godzilla 2:  7,511,483

WB:  4,916,619 views / 174K /4.8K
MovieClips:  1,447,533 views /38K /1.5K

FS:  1,147,331 views / 28K / 1K

FB2 (Trailer 2):  3,445,390

WB: 2,057,516 views /64K /590
FS: 1,387,874 views 29K / 914

One Day earlier

Glass:  10,447,425

Universal:  5,938,004 views / 101K / 2.9K

FS:  3,176,803 views / 70K / 1.4K 

MC:  1,332,618 views / 41K / 513

• Like 5

I've noticed they've rebrand the DCEU and DC stuff in general to Worlds of DC. I suppose Worlds of DC gives them flexibility to have multiple universes in the films and TV rather than just one and also to avoid confusion with the DCU streaming service. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I've noticed they've rebrand the DCEU and DC stuff in general to Worlds of DC. I suppose Worlds of DC gives them flexibility to have multiple universes in the films and TV rather than just one and also to avoid confusion with the DCU streaming service. 

It's good that they are trying to course correct. 

Shazam is killing it in views! :bravo:  If they continue with great marketing, the little one will not be stomped by surrounding SH competitors.

And for those who care about my thoughts on Comic-Con trailers that are days old:

M. Night's Upcoming Mastapeece: tenor.gif

Eddie Redmayne Plays with His Magic Stick: tenor.gif?itemid=10755023

Gutzilla: tenor.gif

Swole Chuck: tenor.gif

Aqua(My)Man: tenor.gif?itemid=7551542

(Slightly smaller) Big Eyes: tenor.gif?itemid=5952997 

• Haha 2