ChipDerby

2018 Comic-Con Thread

Just now, Rorschach said:

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! 😭

AND IT'S IN THE SUPER EXPENSIVE ANIMATION STYLE TOO!!!!

--

Seriously didn't expect the high end 3D animation.  No idea if it's 'only' The Siege of Manadalore or not, but I'll take what I can get. 

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

AND IT'S IN THE SUPER EXPENSIVE ANIMATION STYLE TOO!!!!

--

Seriously didn't expect the high end 3D animation.  No idea if it's 'only' The Siege of Manadalore or not, but I'll take what I can get. 

Yeah I was wondering if it was just episodes they never released but it's.....new!😭

omg this show is what made me really love Star Wars and I had completely forgotten about it yes!!!!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Yeah I was wondering if it was just episodes they never released but it's.....new!😭

omg this show is what made me really love Star Wars and I had completely forgotten about it yes!!!!! 

12 new episodes!

No, that's not all of the unfinished ones, but who the fuck cares!!!!

Just announced by Dave Filoni at San Diego Comic-Con during a 10th anniversary celebration of the beloved animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be returning with 12 all-new episodes on Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming service. Created by George Lucas, the show first aired in 2008 and became an entry point into Star Wars for an entire generation, following fan-favorites like Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padmé Amidala, while introducing major new characters like Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex. Its stories were complex, its heroes and villains were perfectly imperfect, and its look was captivatingly beautiful. It became a multi-Emmy winner and is now regarded as essential Star Wars.

Edited by Porthos
  • Astonished 1

Just now, RandomCat said:

I am not enthused. Sorry. I just don't have much interest in going back to the clone wars.

I understand this won't be for everyone, but on the other hand:  Siege of Mandalore.

Plus more Ahsoka Tano.

Also, I might get my Cad Bane/ Boba Fett standoff.  

I need closure. RandomCat.  CLOSURE, I SAY!!!!!  :ohmyzod:

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

27 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I assume she fights in the comics, though, right? I've never read her character. 

Yes and no. She's definitely more defense than offense, and her attack powers are meant to put a stop to fighting, non-violently, blinding for example. Dove is partnered with Hawk, who is the fighter of the two. Dove would rather find peaceful solutions to a problem and would avoid fighting if at all possible.

I mentioned her powers. Her suit is a manifestation of her powers, not a costume made for her. So it makes little sense for the suit made by the energy of Peace to have razor feathers. So while yes, she can fight, though rarely does, and it makes little sense for her costume to incorporate anything like razor feathers. 

Just now, Hades said:

Luacasfilm trying to suck up to fans.....:ph34r:

Let the past die 

You know the person who said that was the baddie, right?

/obligatory comment

(Like, kinda the whole point about the film was NOT to let the past die)

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I understand this won't be for everyone, but on the other hand:  Siege of Mandalore.

Plus more Ahsoka Tano.

Also, I might get my Cad Bane/ Boba Fett standoff.  

I need closure. RandomCat.  CLOSURE, I SAY!!!!!  :ohmyzod:

I get that. I'm just not enthused about going back to clone wars. I felt like Rebels was closure enough for me.

6 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

I felt like Rebels was closure enough for me.

<explaining the joke makes it ten times funnier>

I was poking fun at my Cad Bane avatar and commenting that we don't know what happened to Cad Bane during/after the Clone Wars and whether or not he survived his standoff with Boba Fett.  ;)

</explaining the joke makes it ten times funnier>

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

I think the FOx people there are rehearsing variations on "sorry,no comment" since you know they are going to be hit with questions about the future of the X men now that Comcast has thrown in the towel on buying Foc,meaning that sometime in 2019, Disney and Marvel Studios will get back the X Men and Fantastic Four...

Just now, Porthos said:

<explaining the joke makes it ten times funnier>

I was poking fun at my Cad Bane avatar and commenting that we don't know what happened to Cad Bane during/after the Clone Wars and whether or not he survived his standoff with Boba Fett.  ;)

</explaining the joke makes it ten times funnier>

Ohhhhhhh I see. Have no memory of that standoff though.

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think the FOx people there are rehearsing variations on "sorry,no comment" since you know they are going to be hit with questions about the future of the X men now that Comcast has thrown in the towel on buying Foc,meaning that sometime in 2019, Disney and Marvel Studios will get back the X Men and Fantastic Four...

Dude, we get it. Disney are buying Fox ....We know..The deal will cure cancer and end world hunger. Should we all tattoo it all over over bodies now......:sparta:

• Haha 2