ChipDerby

2018 Comic-Con Thread

11 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

@Porthos

Ok...if Caleb Dume was in the new show...I'd admit my interest would pique

There's "only" 12 episodes, so except for a cameo, I'd doubt it.

OTOH:

Truest thing I've read today about this announcement.

====

If this does really well, no reason why some of the other unmade Clone War era stories can't be told sometime down the line, as well as stories involving  Kanan/Caleb Dume and other Disney-era characters. 

It's perfect for a streaming service which doesn't have to care as much about sequential storytelling.  And telling stories out-of-order is baked deeply into Lucasfilm DNA, so it's very possible for something like that to happen eventually.

The one thing that would give me pause is that the Siege of Mandalore is supposed to be the capstone to the whole TCW era, so going back a bit after that story is finally told might be a bit anti-climatic.  On the other hand, as I said, streaming is a perfect fit for oddball/out of order tales, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hades said:

Disney wants that 2 billion for Episode 9. Making fans happy is a good start I guess.....From the little I have seen,Its a pretty good show.. 

2B is not happening cause TCW is not going to raise interest in Asia and LA, markets that are lost to SW. I do agree that this smacks of damage control, especially since announced Resistance cartoon got tepid reaction. TCW is actually exciting fans, though that doesn't guarantee that enthusiasm will rub off on Ep IX. Different things. if anything, it further hints at they have no faith in new characters, which return of Billy Dee Williams also hinted at. 

5 hours ago, RandomCat said:

I have thoughts on this trailer for Titans. Pretty much summed up by "Fuck Batman", as said by Jason Todd.

Amen!  They wrote Jason Todd and are calling him Dick Grayson, b/c Jason Todd wouldn't sell the show.  It's so wrong to see, I can't watch this show.

I only ask for ONE movie/show to get Dick Grayson right...when his best appearance in media is Lego Batman and Young Justice, life is just not fair!

4 hours ago, RandomCat said:

My point is, I have never seen Dove portrayed like this in any run. Dove is the Avatar of Peace. That is where the power comes from. Showcasing Dove fighting and using her wings to bloodily cut someone is the antithesis of what her character should be.

The entire trailer is the antithesis of what they should be...

• Like 2

Eh, with what people have told me about Titans and the stuff floating around about the pilot episode, I'm not too worried about this yet. Trailer was kinda cruddy and I do think they took Dick's attitude right after breaking off from Bruce a bit far (I don't really think he's killing anyone in that trailer tho), but I'm still looking forward to it.

Edited by MrGamer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Amen!  They wrote Jason Todd and are calling him Dick Grayson, b/c Jason Todd wouldn't sell the show.  It's so wrong to see, I can't watch this show.

I only ask for ONE movie/show to get Dick Grayson right...when his best appearance in media is Lego Batman and Young Justice, life is just not fair!

Calm down kid, it's just a show. :apocalypse:

• Like 1

Dragon ball trailer is pretty much exactly what I was expecting it would be.

Titans trailer is surprisingly violent. (At least it got people talking, right?) Not sure it'll get folks to pony up for the service, but from my point of view, that was always more about the complete experience. You're going to sign up for DCU for all the comics and old shows too, not just one new show. (Or 6 or 7 new shows, or whatever it's up to now.) But yeah, Robin killing like he's the Punisher just seems wrong.

But the stunning news of the day was the Clone Wars trailer. Gorgeous trailer, great news, happy feels. Though just thinking about, I have a feeling the Disney service won't be remotely close to $75 a year. 

• Like 2