ChipDerby

2018 Comic-Con Thread

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

So, no.  Damage control/not having faith in new characters this ain't.

there's no reason to have faith in new characters since they sunk merch sales. They simply aren't popular with fans and GA alike. Ahsoka toys fly off shelves while Finn, Rose, etc warm pegs. It's a known thing. 

Edited by Valonqar

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

:chaplin: you'll look back on this when Alita's huge

Don’t worry. My friend is still doing it. I will have a panel report. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Don’t worry. My friend is still doing it. I will have a panel report. 

No need for a panel report, we already know that the Alita panel will be a smashing success, the likes of which Comic con has never seen before since its inception. @IronJimbo

10 hours ago, Porthos said:

you joke, but Dave Filoni's quip when asked if there was anything he could share about his post-Rebels activities was:

(April 16, 2017)

Now it's very possible he was in fact talking about Resistance.  Perhaps even probable.

But it's also possible that they were working on the very very VERY early planning stages of preproduction on a not-yet-greenlit TCW return.

"Boy would I love to. I would so love to tell you what... What I've... got... working... out in the future".

The stammer and the tongue tripping is something to behold there. :lol:

At the same time, the streaming service was announced in Nov 17 and Iger mentioned in Feb 18 that "multiple" SW shows were coming to the streaming service.  I find it unlikely that preproduction wasn't already gearing up before the TLJ controversy hit.

Now maybe the TLJ issues made it more likely to get that final approval done.  That I won't argue against.  But doing it to appease the fans?

Honestly, I just think it's much more likely that Iger turned to Lucasfilm and said, "Hey we're gonna have this streaming platform and we need a LOT more content.  Can you folks do anything about that?" To which Filoni would simply say "Can I ever." 

It could very well have been Resistance or new Clone Wars. Just poking fun at the idea that this is a response to anything that isn't a year old. The lead time on any of this is almost a year ahead of time. It reminds me that Filoni stepped down as Supervising Director of Rebels back in 2016...I wonder what kind of project would have asked that of him? :thinking:

• Like 1

Just now, DMan7 said:

No need for a panel report, we already know that the Alita panel will be a smashing success, the likes of which Comic con has never seen before since its inception. @IronJimbo

I don't think Jim's at the panel so it won't be perfect!

Alita is confirmed to soar to over a billie though that much is certain.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

Imma try to get into that Halloween & Glass panel, and will probably stick around for the other film panels after that.

Same. 

23 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Which panel this year is expected to have the biggest crowd? 

They stuck Brooklyn Nine-Nine in Indigo, and it probably should’ve been in B20 or Hall H. That had a HUUGE crowd that was turned away.

And Hall H has been relative drama free and easy to get into aside from the standard snafus.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

Apparently having a eccentric billionaire helping to self-fund a project greases a lot of wheels in the animation world.  Who knew?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've always thought that George was willing to take a bit of a bath on TCW in the interest of getting his animation team up to the point he wanted them to be at in the event that he was able to put Strange Magic into production.  Didn't end up helping the later none too much either way.

• Like 2