SLAM!

Death of a Nation | Quality Flix | August 3rd, 2018 | right-wing documentary to release in over 1,000 theaters

17 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Endorsement from the President of the United States! You can't get much better than that! This'll impact the film's gross for sure!

Reminds me of how Woodrow Wilson endorsed Birth of a Nation. 

• Like 1

TOMATOMETER 

0%
Average Rating: 1.6/10
Reviews Counted: 6
Fresh: 0
Rotten: 6

No one expects, of course, that D'Souza would make a thoughtful, balanced or historically accurate documentary. But is it unreasonable to hope that he make one that doesn't bore the pants off us?

July 31, 2018 | Full Review…
 Top Critic

• Like 4

wts.png July 28, 2018

I think everyone should see this. It should be shown in the schools and colleges around the nation. People need the truth.... Need to open their eyes.... If you have a loved one with their heart in the right place but maybe uninformed about their political beliefs... Take them to this movie... It will red pill the nation......

wts.png July 30, 2018

Just saw an advance screening of this movie and it was AWESOME! There were times when you wanted to cheer and others that made you want to cry. The song performances were incredible as always. Great job, Dinesh!
wts.png August 1, 2018

As expected liberals attack the film maker w/ character assassination remarks when they can't dispute the truth of the film's premise. D'Souza was an obama political prisoner now epically returning the favor ahead of Red Wave midterm elections. I'll be there opening night with a car full of patriots.

I'll spare y'all of the ones which are multiparagraphs of screeds.

Well, I'll quote this bit:

Like how Democrats fought tooth and nail to keep slavery (and in a manner --still do) and being the original KKK. And how Liberals try to paint Trump as part of alt-right. LOL. Nothing is further from the truth.

Wouldn't you hold that against Trump tho??? YiBe40t.png 

===

Actually a bit surprised there was so little to choose from.  Only 31 audience reviews so far, and around a third to half of them are trashing the film

Not even the wingnuts want to see this film or could be bothered to try to support this film in the RT audience review section.  Sad! 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

I'll spare y'all of the ones which are multiparagraphs of screeds.

Well, I'll quote this bit:

Wouldn't you hold that against Trump tho??? YiBe40t.png 

===

Actually a bit surprised there was so little to choose from.  Only 31 audience reviews so far, and around a third to half of them are trashing the film

Not even the wingnuts want to see this film or could be bothered to try to support this film in the RT audience review section.  Sad! 

Ive seen this clown at politicon. When I was waiting in line to see him debate another guest, people in line kept talking to me like "I love Dinesh, he spews the truth" I just couldn't believe he actually has fans. What a world we live in.

I only went to that panel because 1. the other panels at the time were not interesting 2. he was debating someone I like.

4 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Reminds me of how Woodrow Wilson endorsed Birth of a Nation. 

That's a shame; I thought he was a good president. I saw a video where he was giving a speech about the times and I thought is was alright. He was a part of the democratic party, sure, but racism is racism, no matter the stripes. I won't scorn that president forever but that's definitely interesting to know about him.

knowing.jpg

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

why do you seem happy about this

There's people with families at Quality Flix, and there's people with families that worked on the film, and I don't think it'd be good for anyone to be shortchanged due to an overly low gross. In this regard, I always hope that films do as well as they can. The film might deserve to flop, but the filmmakers don't deserve to starve. That's why I think it's good that the President of the United States has endorsed this film, because that is a direct message to the film's target audience.

Would I be wrong to be happy about that?

The film is renderred harmless, anyway. It's not like anyone on the left isn't going to dismiss this.

1 hour ago, Slambros said:

There's people with families at Quality Flix, and there's people with families that worked on the film, and I don't think it'd be good for anyone to be shortchanged due to an overly low gross. In this regard, I always hope that films do as well as they can. The film might deserve to flop, but the filmmakers don't deserve to starve. That's why I think it's good that the President of the United States has endorsed this film, because that is a direct message to the film's target audience.

The film is renderred harmless, anyway. It's not like anyone on the left isn't going to dismiss this.

D'Souza is a propagandist and is purposefully feeding the people who go to this movie lies in order to feed his own wallet, with little regard to the truth or history. Thus making this film far from harmless since it will only propagate falsehoods and further entrench a country into a divisive state, all for D'Souza to make more money. You're actively happy about propaganda being fed to the uninformed to keep them uninformed and even to further stir up anger and hatred.

Also, Trump Jr. endorsed the film, not Trump.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Slambros said:

Because an evil, hateful cretin endorsing a hateful, evil film by a giant piece of shit is not something to get happy about ever. 

Fuck this film's target audience, straight up. Fuck em.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandomCat said:

D'Souza is a propagandist and is purposefully feeding the people who go to this movie lies in order to feed his own wallet, with little regard to the truth or history. Thus making this film far from harmless since it will only propagate falsehoods and further entrench a country into a divisive state, all for D'Souza to make more money. You're actively happy about propaganda being fed to the uninformed to keep them uninformed and even to further stir up anger and hatred.

I'm sure Trump Jr. is an extension of Trump himself.

26 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I'm sure Trump Jr. is an extension of Trump himself.

Not saying that ISN'T true. Like I'm not saying Trump Jr. was born from whatever waste leavings left behind by Trump, and where an attempt was made for it to be polished into humanoid form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandomCat said:

Well, what are the 'informed' informed of, then? And how were they informed?

And I'm gonna have to see from an analysis video in the future on whether or not the film is lying to people. I'll also have to see a 'works cited' list, or a lack of one, before I can definitely say that they are lies. Because right now, I've only seen that the film has poorly-made arguments. And they have a right to make that argument, even though it should be explained more in depth.

34 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Because an evil, hateful cretin endorsing a hateful, evil film by a giant piece of shit is not something to get happy about ever. 

Fuck this film's target audience, straight up. Fuck em.

You're being pretty hateful yourself with choice of words like that. Trump, D'Souza, and the film may not be pleasing, but a film isn't worth cursing out half the country's population over. However, it is worth voicing your opinion in a positive manner, so that people will be willing to listen.

(Sorry if anything I'm saying is rude or derogatory; I can't find my keys so I'm a little frustrated.)

4 minutes ago, Slambros said:

And I'm gonna have to see from an analysis video in the future on whether or not the film is lying to people. I'll also have to see a 'works cited' list, or a lack of one, before I can definitely say that they are lies. Because right now, I've only seen that the film has poorly-made arguments. And they have a right to make that argument, even though it should be explained more in depth.

You're being pretty hateful yourself with choice of words like that. Trump, D'Souza, and the film may not be pleasing, but a film isn't worth cursing out half the country's population over. However, it is worth voicing your opinion in a positive manner, so that people will be willing to listen.

(Sorry if anything I'm saying is rude or derogatory; I can't find my keys so I'm a little frustrated.)

This isn't Republicans or even reluctant Trump voters who like these movies. This guy has a history of promoting birtherism and other insanely bigoted, hateful theories and the people who support these films have an extensive history of making racist and hateful remarks constantly. Trump has admitted flat out to sexually assaulting women on tape and called for hanging the innocent Central Park Five in public - statements that this filmmaker has agreed with and defended. People who support this film inherently support that.  I ain't apologizing for that.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Slambros said:

just see hillary's america and you will understand why every word of your comment is stupid. 

• Like 1