dxmatrixdt

La La Land or Mamma Mia?

La La Land or Mamma Mia?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

Which one did you like more?  Both movies play with emotions.  Mamma Mia! got no Academy Award nominations, and only two Golden Globe nominations, but I noticed the editing is pretty sharp leading me to think it was an awards contender.

Edited by matrixdmath5

Mamma Mia never had a shot of a nomination let alone actually win something. It’s a jukebox musical. That saying, it’s fun and I have a soft spot for it.

La La Land is the much better movie though.

Edited by Jmart
  • Like 1

Is this poll a joke? La La Land is one of the greatest musicals of all time, the first Mamma Mia sucked. (second was good, but not near the level of LLL)

Edited by Kalo
  • ...wtf 1

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, Jmart said:

Mamma Mia never had a shot of a nomination let alone actually win something. It’s a jukebox musical. That saying, it’s fun and I have a soft spot for it.

La La Land is the much better movie though.

I am digging the term jukebox musical.  Seeing that Teen Titans is full of digs and jokes, it leads me to believe it is a jukebox film in a way.  Same with the Marvel, Pixar, and Pirates films!  Now I just need to find another term instead of jukebox or assembly line.

On 7/26/2018 at 5:58 PM, That One Guy said:

no no no no no no no no no no no *sticks fingers in ears to block out negativity*

If it makes you feel better, I said that as someone who liked Mamma Mia.

Mamma Mia by far, despite being clunky and ineptly directed. 

ABBA's biggest hits > those forgotten songs. 

Meryl on a Greek island > two douchey ass holes (who can't sing or dance) in LA who choose careers over each other and I'm supposed to feel something deep for them. 

• Like 2

Just watched a bunch LLL clips to wash away the bitter taste this poll left me with. 

La La Land is the power of cinema at its peak.

Mamma Mia stars a bunch of overqualified actors, lets famous pop songs do the heavy lifting and forget there's a movie between musical sequences. 

Edited by Goffe

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

wtf is this nonsense

WTF IS THIS NONSENSE

edits /10

cinematography /10

art/set direction /10

decent with Mamma Mia, 10/10 with La La Land.  

The decent scores with that swayed my vote to Mamma Mia, when generally I enjoyed both around the same w/ La La Land being an overall favorite.