Box Office Hit

M3GAN | Universal | January 6, 2023 | Profit of $78.8M

7 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Hope they keep the good marketing, this have the potential for a breakout. 

Something like 20-25M OW / 70-80M DOM

Mustn't be afraid to dream bigger. I'm going a Devil Inside-style opening (with a better IM and legs ofc)

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

This is gonna have a pretty clean runway for a while as the only PG-13 horror movie in the first quarter (and one of the few PG-13 movies on the market in general), so I could see it having a Black Phone-style run and reaching $90M or close to $100M assuming it opens with at least $25M (which has a good chance of happening).

It looks absolutely ridiculous in all the right ways. Blumhouse's technological nightmare cinema is arguably becoming their best efforts these days. Upgrade, Invisible Man,  and now M3gan. This looks more like a comedy/satire than the other two, and lacking the visual panache of Leigh Whannel's direction. The look of the film is probably a conscious choice as tribute to its influence from Child's Play (particularly its sequel).

I like the concept. It's a shame it's PG-13. Maybe it's for the better with its box office run.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

It looks absolutely ridiculous in all the right ways. Blumhouse's technological nightmare cinema is arguably becoming their best efforts these days. Upgrade, Invisible Man,  and now M3gan. This looks more like a comedy/satire than the other two, and lacking the visual panache of Leigh Whannel's direction. The look of the film is probably a conscious choice as tribute to its influence from Child's Play (particularly its sequel).

I like the concept. It's a shame it's PG-13. Maybe it's for the better with its box office run.

I personally think so. Not every horror or thriller has to be a hard R. It's good for the box office if some horrors cast the widest net possible for the audience.

16 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

What are the predictions for this on OW? Will it be the first film to take Avatar out of the top spot, or land as a sort of cult classic dud? This film and MaXXXine are my most anticipated horror films right now.

If it takes No. 1 from Cameron, we could get British Royal Family innuendo headlines like Megan dethrones King

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

If it takes No. 1 from Cameron, we could get British Royal Family innuendo headlines like Megan dethrones King

I think it probably will take the weekend as there sems to be a bit of buzz around this film.

I also think it looks like fun, 100mil domestic tops fun though.