Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: Equalizer 2 pulls off an upset win over Mamma Mia 2 - 35.83M to 34.44M

3 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Equalizer numbers?

If we had them, they'd be listed here.  @sfran43 is a machine when it comes to getting them out.  :) 

• Thanks 1

The budget was $75m for MM!2 which is a bit higher than the first but I guess salary bumps, exchange rates and inflation meant it was inevitable even though they shot in Croatia to save some money, still going to make that back from this weekend alone. 

Edited by Jonwo

Just now, Boxofficerules said:

Any chance it could be number 1?

It is possible depending on how its Saturday-Sunday was. 

MM2 all but collapsed on those two days so if the Equalizer had good Saturday-Sunday then it could come in at the top. It'll be close though imo 

43 minutes ago, a2k said:

even if JW2 comes at 10.0 instead of the 10.7 that Deadline predicts, 400 is locked. It will be 17 odd away from 400 with a 10.0 weekend I think. If the weekend is 10.5+ I think 410 is realistic.

Great! Thanks! :)

55 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

STBY held better than I thought it would. Its PTA decreased by only 49% given the small expansion. I was expecting a PTA drop closer to 55%. The reviews are helping the film find an audience in bigger cities.

• Like 1