Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Equalizer 2 pulls off an upset win over Mamma Mia 2 - 35.83M to 34.44M

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Wait, I'm all for MRA as well.  Not to get too serious here, but shouldn't men and women have equal rights? :sparta:

That's not what an MRA is. MRA's actually hate women and other minorities and are riled when they get the spotlight.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

The Equalizer basically overperformed everybody's expectations, including Sony's (they were expecting sub-$30M for the weekend). Never underestimate the power of Badass Denzel.

And lol Sony is on a roll these days after everybody declared them dead and buried two years ago. They're having a rebound after a few off years while they were recovering from the hack.

Rothman has really turned things around. 2016 was a dreadful summer for them with Ghostbusters. 

1 minute ago, Moviefanatic said:

Lol what a horrible expansion for BP. 25k and 162 PTA. Disney waited wayyyy too long for this and now will have to use creative accounting to get it over 700...or leave it in theaters until October. Fools 

Tell me about it! They could've double featured it with AM&TW during opening weekend!🤦🏾‍♀️

• Like 1

Ant Man over projections! Legs baby! :bravo:

JW2 is showing remarkable retention from JW. I think that people underestimate the impact of Pratt and BDH. People love Owen and Claire. Movies like Kong Skull Island and Godzilla pale in comparison to JW boxoffice because they don't care for human characters. It isn't just fascination with dinos that gets GA aboard. Creature is creature. JW was smart to cast an actor on a rise and his likable co-star. Geeks don't care for humans, they just want monster action but GA is different. JW is lucky to have Pratt and Bryce. Well done! :bravo:

Also, while I have problems with some plot points of JW2, the movie end really excite you for the sequel. I think JW3 may go up from JW2 if they deliver on the promise. 

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

That's not what an MRA is. MRA's actually hate women and other minorities and are riled when they get the spotlight.

That's not what the urban dictionary says.  

Man: I believe that men's rights are just as important as women's in creating a just and equitable society. That's why I'm involved in MRA, men's rights activism.

• Disbelief 1

Just now, baumer said:

Man: I believe that men's rights are just as important as women's in creating a just and equitable society. That's why I'm involved in MRA, men's rights activism.

Lol, that's what MRA's like to believe.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Moviefanatic said:

Lol what a horrible expansion for BP. 25k and 162 PTA. Disney waited wayyyy too long for this and now will have to use creative accounting to get it over 700...or leave it in theaters until October. Fools 

Disney fucked up by pushing AWIT to 100M cause TV rights or whatever and refusing to delay BP BD release. :badday:

• Astonished 1

I don't buy that EQ2 came in above expectations.  It came in exactly where it should have in my opinion.  It's a sequel and they should have a better opening that the first.  Anyone saying this was going to open to 25 million is lying.  Sony can say that's what they expected but that's a total crock of shit.  

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Ummm.. that’s not what MRAs are at all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Urban Dictionary is just saying what MRAs want you to believe but that definition is not what an MRA is at all....