Jump to content
PanaMovie

Shazam! OS Thread - 221.5M OS - 357.8M WW

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, pepsa said:

We all knew that when EG released it was going to be dead, but -75% is just sad :( Hoped it would have hold a bit better, next weekend it doesn't have any extra cometition so it should hold ok.

In many overseas territories, once it loses screens, its never getting them back. Tough to recover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

In many overseas territories, once it loses screens, its never getting them back. Tough to recover

Yeah but most of it's good holds came from europe where it should be able to next weekend, but yeah it won't increase. But holding 40% should be doable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Domestic :-  $131.1 M

 

OS :-  $215.2 M

 

WW :-  $346.4 M

 

Decent Performance ... With So Much Competition Across The Globe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, pepsa said:

We all knew that when EG released it was going to be dead, but -75% is just sad :( Hoped it would have hold a bit better, next weekend it doesn't have any extra cometition so it should hold ok.

This Was Expected ... Movie Was Like A Sandwich In Between CM & AEG  + Stiff Competition From Dumbo (In Europe) .. Still Did Good Business Across The Globe ..

 

WW As Of Now $346.2 M ... Life Time Will Be Above $370 M .. (Same As First Avenger Captain America)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

This Was Expected ... Movie Was Like A Sandwich In Between CM & AEG  + Stiff Competition From Dumbo (In Europe) .. Still Did Good Business Across The Globe ..

 

WW As Of Now $346.2 M ... Life Time Will Be Above $370 M .. (Same As First Avenger Captain America)

Yeah but it had a  lot more potential. Goor reviews (atleast in the US and here in Belgium wom was also good). I do want to say $370m now isn't as good as 370 back then Asia's boxoffice has doubled in that time if not more. La also hugely increase but Europe did decrease a bit. Still the budget is way way way better than the budget of TFA (captain america) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Yeah but it had a  lot more potential. Goor reviews (atleast in the US and here in Belgium wom was also good). I do want to say $370m now isn't as good as 370 back then Asia's boxoffice has doubled in that time if not more. La also hugely increase but Europe did decrease a bit. Still the budget is way way way better than the budget of TFA (captain america) 

Yeah Total Cost Of This Project is $100 M ... (Captain America TFA :- $140 M) .. 2nd Thing This is Without China Support ..(Movie Did Poorly As Compare to Other CBM)

 

Latin Countries Contributed Very Good .. AUS/NZL Also ... Now Franchise is Been Started .. Sequel is Already Announced .. Huge Potential 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lifetime less than THE NUN?! Have to say that Warner Bros did poor marketing for this flick. Could have done alot better. Now they should give Shazam character a boost in any Upcoming DCEU Movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SURAJ said:

Lifetime less than THE NUN?! Have to say that Warner Bros did poor marketing for this flick. Could have done alot better. Now they should give Shazam character a boost in any Upcoming DCEU Movie. 

Actually Life Time Numbers will Be More then Captain America TFA ...  With The Production Cost $100 M + Low Promotions .. Movie Did Well .. & Dont Forget About The Competition .. Sequel is Already Announced .. DC Made A Franchise Now ..   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Actually Life Time Numbers will Be More then Captain America TFA ...  With The Production Cost $100 M + Low Promotions .. Movie Did Well .. & Dont Forget About The Competition .. Sequel is Already Announced .. DC Made A Franchise Now ..   

Dude THE NUN Too had stiff competition. THE NUN budget is just $22M and lifetime is $365 Million. It's way more profitable for Warner Bros. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SURAJ said:

Dude THE NUN Too had stiff competition. THE NUN budget is just $22M and lifetime is $365 Million. It's way more profitable for Warner Bros. 

Yeah .. Your Point is Spot On .. But You Completely Forget About Shazam's Character .. it is A 3rd Tier Character Even in Comic Book World ...

 

Nobody Knows About Shazam Outside Comic Book World .. 2nd thing Poor Promotion By WB ..  BO-Wise Movie did Well.. (Would Have Done A Lot Better On Different Release Date) ... This Franchise has huge Potential ..  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 5:22 AM, ZeeSoh said:

Overall

Last week (8-14 April) - 61.8

This week (15-21 April) - 37.4

Drop - 39.48%

 

China

Last week - 9.69

This week - 3.13

Drop - 67.7%

 

Without China & Japan

Last week - 52.11

This week - 32.27

Drop - 38.07%

 

Good drop OS this week thanks to Easter. I still think it will do the same as the numbers I mentioned last week (230-235m OS, 150-155m dom) for a total of around 380-385m. It could go up or down because we are facing an abnormal situation with Endgame coming up and I have no idea how much that will affect Shazam. 

 

PS: The last section dis-includes Japan because it only released this weekend. 

 

Overall

Last week (15-21 April) - 37.4

This week (22-28 April) - 13.7

Drop - 63.36%

 

China

Last week - 3.13

This week - 0.297

Drop - 90.5%

 

Without China & Japan

Last week - 32.27

This week - 11.9

Drop - 63.11%

 

Harsh drop as expected. I have not included Japan's number in the last section because it released there last weekend so we still do not have 2 weeks data to be able to compare. I am still expecting the same numbers as I posted above. Perhaps gonna lower down my Worldwide guess from 380-385 to 375ish. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

 

Overall

Last week (15-21 April) - 37.4

This week (22-28 April) - 13.7

Drop - 63.36%

 

China

Last week - 3.13

This week - 0.297

Drop - 90.5%

 

Without China & Japan

Last week - 32.27

This week - 11.9

Drop - 63.11%

 

Harsh drop as expected. I have not included Japan's number in the last section because it released there last weekend so we still do not have 2 weeks data to be able to compare. I am still expecting the same numbers as I posted above. Perhaps gonna lower down my Worldwide guess from 380-385 to 375ish. 

Yeah .. $375 M+ ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sunny Max said:

Yeah Total Cost Of This Project is $100 M ... (Captain America TFA :- $140 M) .. 2nd Thing This is Without China Support ..(Movie Did Poorly As Compare to Other CBM)

 

Latin Countries Contributed Very Good .. AUS/NZL Also ... Now Franchise is Been Started .. Sequel is Already Announced .. Huge Potential 

It also did 150 million in video sales and probably got some streaming revenue. Captain America did just fine 8 years ago as did Shazam. Still under Antman though Imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sunny Max said:

Yeah .. Your Point is Spot On .. But You Completely Forget About Shazam's Character .. it is A 3rd Tier Character Even in Comic Book World ...

 

Nobody Knows About Shazam Outside Comic Book World .. 2nd thing Poor Promotion By WB ..  BO-Wise Movie did Well.. (Would Have Done A Lot Better On Different Release Date) ... This Franchise has huge Potential ..  

I fail to see how being a 3rd tier character is an issue in cbm at this point....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

It also did 150 million in video sales and probably got some streaming revenue. Captain America did just fine 8 years ago as did Shazam. Still under Antman though Imo.

Poor Release Date Hurting Also ... It is A Like Sandwich in Between CM & AEG ... 

 

Other-wise Would Have Done $450 M To $500 M WW ...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I fail to see how being a 3rd tier character is an issue in cbm at this point....

Nobody Knows Shazam Outside Comic Book World ...   Also Less Promotion By WB , Poor Release Date ..  So Many things ..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The relatively poor numbers this has made are actually a good thing. In a market dominated by SH films, we don't need a further oversaturation of B-tier products.

We didn't need BvsS either to be honest, but that's another story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 1:09 AM, Ledmonkey96 said:

I fail to see how being a 3rd tier character is an issue in cbm at this point....

Why? You can't apply MCU's goodwill across their whole universe boosting their lower tier projects, to a standalone DC film. 

 

We haven't even seen Sony or Fox succeed with unknown Marvel properties either. If anything, they have managed to turn huge IPs into financial failures 

 

So it isn't a "CBM" phenomenon (or even Marvel's), it's a MCU phenomenon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5.2 OS this week for a 62% drop overall. It also did 4m domestically this past weekend. Don’t see it going beyond 365m  worldwide at this point and much beyond 140m domestically. Endgame affected it more than I thought it would. It did not recover this week and with Detective Pikachu opening worldwide this coming week I dont see it recovering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.