PanaMovie

Shazam! OS Thread - 221.5M OS - 357.8M WW

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Lowering to $300M-$350M

Under $300M OS would be disappointing to me though I get that it still would be considered a success by WB. J

Indeed !

i feel like $275m-350m is where it could fall !

First day in France = 70,998 admissions (including 18,211 from previews yesterday)

Comparisons:- It's the 8th lowest OD for a SH ever below movies like Daredevil. Green Lantern, Ghost Rider, etc. Only movies like Watchmen, Blade, Catwoman, etc are lower

Suicide Squad - 307,062

Man of Steel - 215,242

Batman v Superman - 196,016

Wonder Woman - 157,337

Aquaman - 150,003

Justice League - 130,050

Shazam - 70,998

Complete list here - http://lestoilesheroiques.fr/2019/04/shazam-box-office-usa-etats-unis-france.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, el sid said:

Mark_G from insidekino.de sees at the moment 275k admissions OW for Monsieur Claude 2, 200k for Pet Sematary and only 150k for Shazam!. So IndustriousAngel is not far off.
But WOM could help Shazam and of these three films it has the best official reviews (they're ok to good for PS and mediocre for Monsieur Claude 2).

Not looking good in Germany neither, I have a bad feeling about this :(

Edited by raulbalarezo
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

Not looking good in Germany neither, I have a bad feeling about this :(

Not good in Italy and South Korea too. I think Europe isn't loving the movie. The countries where it has a chance to gross more than average are China and Brazil. Let's see if it can break out in China like Aquaman.

I also think the timing of the EG ticket sales had an effect. Casual moviegoers who only watch movies once or twice a month might have saved their 'movie money' for EG. It also sucked out the superhero movie publicity this week. I've read many comments saying they forgot that Shazam opens this week.

Edited by UserHN

8 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I think I it will still do 450m total which isn’t too bad. Still a profitable movie. And when Rock enters the franchise it will get a solid boost 

if it gets to 450 ww with this breakdown,

200 os-china

85 china

165 dom

then gets 200*0.40 + 85*0.25 + 165*0.55 = 192 theatrical revenue

on about 85 prod budget and marketing not more than 100-120 that would be a very good result.

Edited by a2k
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, a2k said:

if it gets to 450 ww with this breakdown,

200 os-china

85 china

165 dom

then gets 200*0.40 + 85*0.25 + 165*0.55 = 192 theatrical revenue

on about 85 prod budget and marketing not more than 100-120 that would be a very good result.

$450m would be line with San Andreas and Rampage, both New Line films with slightly higher budgets than Shazam!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

$450m would be line with San Andreas and Rampage, both New Line films with slightly higher budgets than Shazam!  

San Andreas had a good dom ratio. Shazam will be similar to it in that aspect compared to Rampage.

It'll be a hit, relative to the budget but those early numbers overseas are so puzzling. I don't buy the "it looks too american" as there's nothing about it that makes it feel that way compared to every other US film out there, but no idea why it's not popping. The trailers deliver although the marketing is not as pronounced as expected. Still really early though, hoping WOM spreads and it can pick up some steam. 

• Like 2