sfran43

Monday's Numbers

35 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Really strong hold for Mamma Mia.

Someone had suggested Mamma Mia bad hold could be a sign is target audience is busy in the weekend do girl night during the week....

Interesting to see how strong those summer days end up to be.

1.2m above Equalizer 2 (that is not really the family movie weak weekdays type) is quite something.

• Like 3

Just realized that Equalizer 2 is not only Fuqua's biggest opening ever, but in Denzel's top 3 openings, only behind American Gangster and Safe House.

IMO the movie was alright, but it's doing wayyyy better than I thought it would. 

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just realized that Equalizer 2 is not only Fuqua's biggest opening ever, but in Denzel's top 3 openings, only behind American Gangster and Safe House.

IMO the movie was alright, but it's doing wayyyy better than I thought it would. 

First reflex was to adjust for inflation some early 90s Denzel openner like The Pelican Brief / Crimson Tide to give me an idea, and yep even them do not match. The industry became way more frontloaded too.

Pelican Brief made 30m OW in today dollar, but in just 2,000 theater when the USA had 7750 theater opening in just 25% and sharing prints around for a long time vs 3,338 for Equalizer in the state with now less than 5,800 theater. Canada is maybe not well taking for in those numbers, but that give an idea.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

he might understand them a bit more because he watched a few clips of the film and is now strongly considering seeing the movie.  O/U 1 month until he gets a girlfriend?

Over. Even when I go to college in January, that's going to take some time.

43 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Someone had suggested Mamma Mia bad hold could be a sign is target audience is busy in the weekend do girl night during the week....

Interesting to see how strong those summer days end up to be.

1.2m above Equalizer 2 (that is not really the family movie weak weekdays type) is quite something.

That was me...glad the numbers at least proved me right Monday:)...

• Like 1