That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Eh, I don’t think it’s going that low, but it might top out around 15M. If both that and The Darkest Minds go sub-10M next week, that would be fucking horrendous. 

I’ve no idea what Darkest Minds is

$15m would be alright for Spy

11 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I think The Darkest Minds will be a big time flop. After watching the trailer multiple times, I just don't feel like the factor of importance is there like it was with the Hunger Games trilogy, the first Divergent, and the first Maze Runner. In other words, the story is too by-the-numbers. This'll be another Mortal Instruments.

For sure. It certainly recalls all of those YA franchise hopefuls that fizzled around 5 years ago when the YA craze was at its peak.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, el sid said:

Normally I'm a better „predictor“ because I stay cold and neutral. Embarassing, all these too high predictions from me here...

This -now- 23M Friday number for M: I 6 is still somewhat depressing me, say what you want. I get it that with an objective look on it, that's a good result. But it had these reviews and trailers and the (as often not as important as it seems) internet buzz and the low competition plus the fine Pulse numbers and it seems that it's still doing much less than almost all superhero/comic book movies :(. My only hope now is that the WOM will help its OW and total run.
I also hope that The Equalizer has the same nice Saturday and Sunday holds as last week. Over 64M so far is actually ok. So it would stay a bit under the first one but not much and maybe it's WW doing better because this time it's already a well know (little) brand.
MM2's not so great hold doesn't suprise me with the already declining Saturday and Sunday numbers last weekend.

I love my superhero movies right now and all, but movies like Fallout bring action to its A-game and most grounded, and in a way that isn't often filmed these days. 

Really hope it performs well enough. But like others have said on reddit, Tom Cruise's injury cost the insurance company $70M, there's no way in hell they're gonna let him do whatever he wants from now on.

This is possibly the last time Tom Cruise makes such a crazy action movie (with dangerous stunts chaining one after the other). Enjoy it while it lasts!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

As long as CR doesn't hurt I2 (probably more likely to benefit it) it's good for $600m.

Is it me or does the buzz surrounding Christopher Robin feel really muted? Feels like it peaked when the second trailer came out. Can't say I'll be too surprised if it becomes Pete's Dragon '16 2.0 at this point (which means @CoolEric258's club is toast lol).

Just now, filmlover said:

Is it me or does the buzz surrounding Christopher Robin feel really muted? Feels like it peaked when the second trailer came out. Can't say I'll be too surprised if it becomes Pete's Dragon '16 2.0 at this point (which means @CoolEric258's club is toast lol).

I personally never bought into the $200m+ predicts that were being thrown around (and I don't for the mega-predicts for Mary Poppins either) but I don't see it doing that poorly.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I still think it has enough interest for somewhere in the 30s, which should ensure the film reaching $100M.

Just now, cookie said:

I personally never bought into the $200m+ predicts that were being thrown around (and I don't for the mega-predicts for Mary Poppins either) but I don't see it doing that poorly.

Luckily it was a mid-budget effort (by their standards anyway) so even if it does $80M domestic they would probably be happy.

Both I2 and JW2 looking at sub-40% drops in top 10

7 Incredibles 2 $7,500,000 -37% 2,616 -548 $2,867 $573,123,648 7 Disney
8 Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom $7,050,000 -37% 2,685 -696 $2,626 $397,828,500 6 Universal

I2 needs around 27 for 600. Should at least make it to low-mid 590s consideirng LD expansion awaits, and then might well get a push from Disney.

JW2 needs a bit under 15 to go ahead of Wondy to become the biggest non-Disney film since JW1. Looks easy after a 7m weekend. 415 should happen imo for a surprising 2.8x multi.

• Like 3

Fallout is phenomenal. WOM should be incredible. I don't know what competition it's facing in upcoming weeks but I think it's going to have a stellar run. It's possible that the franchise is like AM&TW "wait for WOM" instead of "must see OW". I also see really healthy OS numbers so far. 

But yeah, people, go see Fallout. There are scenes that need to be seen to be believed, and if you doubted Cavill as an actor, no more. Also, there's a new breakout actress/character. 

• Like 1

MI6's true Friday of 17 is not far from MI5's true Friday.

Needs to be very strong on Sat and Sun to get to 60,

20.6 (+21%) // MI5 +20.6%

16.7 (-19%) // MI5 -20.8%

= 60.3

Safe to say that after great online buzz/feedback, 97% Critics (94% Audience) RT and very positive reception from BOT members, folks expected a higher ow.

8 minutes ago, a2k said:

Both I2 and JW2 looking at sub-40% drops in top 10

7 Incredibles 2 $7,500,000 -37% 2,616 -548 $2,867 $573,123,648 7 Disney
8 Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom $7,050,000 -37% 2,685 -696 $2,626 $397,828,500 6 Universal

I2 needs around 27 for 600. Should at least make it to low-mid 590s consideirng LD expansion awaits, and then might well get a push from Disney.

JW2 needs a bit under 15 to go ahead of Wondy to become the biggest non-Disney film since JW1. Looks easy after a 7m weekend. 415 should happen imo for a surprising 2.8x multi.

Where is Thyros or Thylos?? Lol

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Where is Thyros or Thylos?? Lol

Don't poke the bear.  He'd just point out that JWFK is going to make 200 mill less than the last one.  There's no reasoning with him.