That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

https://deadline.com/2018/07/tom-cruise-mission-impossible-fallout-opening-weekend-1202434739/

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount/Skydance’s Mission: Impossible – Fallout is having a great Thursday night, and we’re hearing that the sixthquel is grossing around $5M-plus in previews tonight, running well ahead of the $4M Thursday night of Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation three years ago.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Just got back.

Hate to use the F word but this was so much F-U-N!!!

I think you're using the F word incorrectly.  More like fucking masterpiece and one of the best action movies I've ever seen.

• Like 3

Figured it would be somewhere above 5.

Quoting Deadline...

Fallout, playing at 4,350 venues tomorrow, is the last of summer’s blockbuster openings before New Line/Warner Bros’ The Nun leads us into the fall on Sept. 7.

They should have hyped up Meg as a tentpole, I don't know what they were thinking.  They could still dump this in 4,000 theaters, but it is a wasted opportunity unless they have been secretly hyping it up as the blockbuster event of the summer and I missed out on something.  Who knows, one of the times I was on here recently was either 12 hours or 1 day + 12 hours after the Academy Award nominations 2018 were announced.  6pm at night a day or two later i think, completely forgot... usually there is a countdown

Edited by dmatrixfilm1715

10 minutes ago, Barnack said:

A 14 like the Last Bourne, 70m

A 13.5 a la Rogue Nation would give it a 67.5m start.

A 10.5 like Ocean 8 52.5m start

War of the Apes did 5.0 and 56.3

Pirates 5 did 5.5, Dunkirk did 5.5 too.

If it does 5.5 and using your 10.5 # from O8 gives 57.8

Just now, dmatrixfilm1715 said:

War of the Apes did 5.0 and 56.3

Pirates 5 did 5.5, Dunkirk did 5.5 too.

If it does 5.5 and using your 10.5 # from O8 gives 57.8

I've been thinking of War as a decent comp for a bit now. Pirates isn't the best comparison as it skewed more towards families and opened on a 4 day weekend.

definitely don't see it doing 60 plus  with that preview number. Also didn't deadline report that Mamma Mia was going to make 40 to 41 million in his early projections. I'll wait for actual numbers

Edited by Curtis1986