That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Now, whose films/filmography will people still watch 50 years from now? Who'll be the most remembered based on the films they've done (not tabloid gossip). Whose films will stand the test of time?  I think Clooney is definitely last here

Pitt clearly has the best filmography by miles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Now, whose films/filmography will people still watch 50 years from now? Who'll be the most remembered based on the films they've done (not tabloid gossip). Whose films will stand the test of time?  I think Clooney is definitely last here

Cruise will definitely be remembered for a long time when CGI literally fucks up every action movie. 

Oh yea Tom Hanks is still a draw, he's just so un A-listy in personality type I forget him. Also Tom Hardy has had Dunkirk, Revenant, and Mad Max as his last three wide release movies in America, and Taboo was a big hit. He's Venom really breaking out away from being up there. 

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Oh yea Tom Hanks is still a draw, he's just so un A-listy in personality type I forget him. Also Tom Hardy has had Dunkirk, Revenant, and Mad Max as his last three wide release movies in America, and Taboo was a big hit. He's Venom really breaking out away from being up there. 

hardy was outshined in Mad Max and yeah...dunkirk his role was good, but not something out of this world

Matt Damon and Brad Pitt are both on "this guy is a draw" probation, and Bradley Cooper really needs a hit because American Sniper feels like ages ago (that shit was such an astonishing hit for him that it gave him like three years of star power goodwill).

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

That is a very strange A-list lol and also Denzel blows them all out of the water. Not even a fight

The real male A-list at this point is Leo, Denzel, the Rock, Kevin Hart, Bradley Cooper, RDJ, Matt Damon, Cruise, probably still Will Smith, Pitt (I'm not even sure at this point) and maybe like Mark Wahlberg or Will Ferrell or Chris Pratt if you are feeling extra generous. 

well if we're gonna rank this (added in Hanks)

Hanks

Cruise

Denzel

Damon

Leo

Pitt

Ferrell

Will Smith

Bradley Cooper

RDJ

Pratt

Kevin Hart

The Rock

Wahlberg

for the record I think everyone here is charismatic/good at acting except for Wahlberg.

Edited by That One Guy

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Tom Hardy is a draw now and you guys are super wrong. You'll see!

I agree. I for one will watch everyone hes in, hes my favourite male actor of this decade. Will even see Venom because of Hardy and i dont care one bit about Venom lol.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

well if we're gonna rank this (added in Hanks)

Hanks

Cruise

Denzel

Damon

Leo

Pitt

Ferrell

Will Smith

Bradley Cooper

RDJ

Pratt

Kevin Hart

The Rock

Wahlberg

Denzel

Leo 

Big Willie Style

Cruise

Matt Damon, when playing an unlikable character

Cooper

Ferrell

The Rock

Pitt

Hart

RDJ

Matt Damon when he's still trying to be a likable guy out here in 2018

PrattMark Wahlberg, unless he's playing a VERY Mark Wahlberg role

• Like 1

Denzel and Depp are clearly the best pure talents on that list, of the two I'd probably have to pick Depp.

Clooney and Smith just play their handsome, charismatic selves in everything they're in, but that's what they're good at and that's what you want, right? Smith's probably a better actor overall though.

Pitt can be a great actor, but he also gets totally miscast sometimes and can really overdo it other times. I was watching Seven the other day and half the time I'm watching him like "What the hell are you doing? No human being acts like that."

Cruise is a good actor but I don't consider him in the same league as the rest

Keanu LOL. I like the guy but come on

Also how is DiCapLeo not included? He's up there with Denzel and Depp, maybe has the best resume out of the three.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

That is a very strange A-list lol and also Denzel blows them all out of the water. Not even a fight

The real male A-list at this point is Leo, Denzel, the Rock, Kevin Hart, Bradley Cooper, RDJ, Matt Damon, Cruise, probably still Will Smith, Pitt (I'm not even sure at this point) and maybe like Mark Wahlberg or Will Ferrell or Chris Pratt if you are feeling extra generous. 

If we're talking acting top tier among the A list - Denzel, RDJ and Hanks (and they all have great work going back decades).

I'd put Depp (mostly for pre last decade work),  Cruise, Leo on the rung below.  Then Pitt and Damon.

Edited by TalismanRing

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Matt Damon when he's still trying to be a likable guy out here in 2018

I think after Downsizing he's (hopefully) done with this and just wants to pop up in small-budget horror films and big budget superhero comedies.  Totally here for that portion of his career tbh

• Like 1