That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

Tom Hardy was serving tea on the sets of his last 3 big films to :

Charlize

Leo

Chris

American Sniper probably did not do much for Bradley Cooper as he was unrecognizable in the role, big with a beard, so far away from his "normal" look in his other movies.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alli said:

Now, whose films/filmography will people still watch 50 years from now? Who'll be the most remembered based on the films they've done (not tabloid gossip). Whose films will stand the test of time?  I think Clooney is definitely last here

Leonardo has the best film resume: The Revenant, Titanic, Catch Me if You Can, Inception,  The Departed .......the list goes on and on. 

Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington have the most memorable acting roles. People will always remember lines from: Forrest Gump, Malcolm X, Training day,  Castaway etc. 

Tom Cruise does not have the best roles and his filmography leaves alot to be desired.  He's a better actor than his resume suggests. 

Will Smith has fun films but i feel like people love him more then his movies, he's such a likeable screen presence. Which is why he can sell comedies, action and dramas. 

Daniel Day-Lewis is an actor's actor but he's not beloved by the masses. However, his films will  probably stand the test of time too.  

Those are the top 6 from the last 30 years.

Edited by babz06

Objectively, George Clooney is a bad actor to me.

He is really basic as fuck.

He is an even worse filmmaker.

But everybody loves him in the Hills.

Not far from being an imopostor IMO.

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Denzel

Leo 

Big Willie Style

Cruise

Matt Damon, when playing an unlikable character

Cooper

Ferrell

The Rock

Pitt

Hart

RDJ

Matt Damon when he's still trying to be a likable guy out here in 2018

PrattMark Wahlberg, unless he's playing a VERY Mark Wahlberg role

Denzel

Leo

Hanks

Cruise

Clooney

Smith

Damon

Pitt

Cooper

Ferrell

RDJ

The Rock

Pratt

Hart/Whalberg

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

Coolio is right though RDJ has spent 10 years annoyingly mugging for every camera within a mile of him that you forget how dope he was in his prime.

Brad Pitt has picked plenty of good projects but dude is a pretty boring actor tbh I've never really got it

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Coolio is right though RDJ has spent 10 years annoyingly mugging for every camera within a mile of him that you forget how dope he was in his prime.

Brad Pitt has picked plenty of good projects but dude is a pretty boring actor tbh I've never really got it

agreed with everything you said this time. pitt is smart tho...he knows how to insert himself in good projects, but he doesn't have strong screen presence

Edited by Alli

Pitt just needs to play wacky more.

Allied is the kind of role where he's a complete snoozer. 12 Monkeys/Fight Club and stuff is where he's way more fun.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 10

Also Kevin Hart is a draw people. Every generation has studio comedy draws. It was Carrey/Murphy, then Sandler/Ferrell, now its Hart/McCarthy. Go to his Box Office Mojo page, look at everything since the first Think Like a Man, and tell me he's not a draw in the context of a. how bad studio comedies do now b. the fact that he is THE selling point of every movie he is in except Jumanji. I'm not even a huge defender of guy but people laughing him off are wrong

• Like 3

Yup, RDJ is a Ferrari, guy can do anything, one of the best of his age groups.

Iron Man definitely took him away from juicy/baity roles.

It will be interesting to see what will be his post MCU carreer, unless the MCU makes him an offer he cannot refuse, 100m a pop ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Brad Pitt is pretty terrible at playing normal humans, Moneyball and A River Runs Through It (where he is handsome as FUCK, yeesh) are the only two really good ones I can remember. He's at his best in Snatch/Inglorious Basterds/12 Monkeys type shits. I guess his role in Seven is fairly normal and he's fine in it, honestly the weak link of a great film though.

Troy is probably the worst "star" performance in recent history. What a goddamn stinker, and that shag haircut. Me and my mom still laugh at this movie whenever we see it on.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Brad Pitt is pretty terrible at playing normal humans,

Cruise was terrible in War of worlds playing an everyday guy. it just didn't suit him. he has out of this world screen presence. the only good sequence is the basement with dakota

Edited by Alli

Denzel can't do comedy for shit tho that puts him low in the versatitilty ranking.

Denzel parts are a bit monotonous to me tone & style wise, it is very same-y.

Matt Damon is terrific in everything he does and versatile as fuck (great comedic chops & timing), one of my favourite of his age group.

Depp was gonna be the actor of his generation but in 2002, he said yes to a Jerry Bruckheimer phone call and well, here we are.

Edited by The Futurist

Denzel Washington is probably the only actor on Earth who can get the entire audience to start cheering and laughing just by the look he gives someone BEFORE he launches into a monologue - right before you know he is gonna Denzel it the fuck up. I've had that happen multiple times. Clearly the sign of a legend. He has a legit GOAT case IMO

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Cruise was terrible in War of worlds playing an everyday guy. it just didn't suit him. he has out of this world screen presence. the only good sequence is the basement with dakota

I'm still waiting for Cruise to play more villains like Collateral. This is what I need in my life.

• Like 3