That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

2 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I dont see it in the cards for Oscar Issac to make it really big i don't know why. He's already been upstaged by  Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver and John Boyega to a smaller extent. But none of them  really seem like they'll have an A-list career after the franchise is done.  

Pretty typical for Star Wars actors besides Harrison Ford or Samuel L. Jackson.

Edited by Mekanos

Just now, babz06 said:

I dont see it in the cards for Oscar Issac to make it really big i don't know why. He's already been upstaged by  Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver and John Boyega to a smaller extent. But none of them  really seem like they'll have an A-list career after the franchise is done.  

I know I'm being clouded by my bias and my love for her, but I can see a scenario where Daisy Ridley could become an A-lister. She's the only new actor from the ST who is getting big material from major studios with Orient Express, Peter Rabbit, and maybe the new Liman joint. With a few more strong non-Star Wars movies, she could be the Harrison Ford of the group.

Adam Driver and Oscar Isaac are also working with every indie/prestige director under the sun, so they'll probably get some solid work over the next few years, although I do see Driver getting better opportunities.

Not really super confident in Boyega just yet, but he can probably carve out his own niche like Mark Hamill has.

• Like 2

Wait a minute guys I just thought about it and with Greatest Showman/Logan/Les Miss/Prisoners/fuckin Real Steel, I think Hugh Jackman is also probably pretty close to what constitutes a "draw" in today's day and age. Add him to the A-list IMO

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, babz06 said:

How is he upstaged by Ridley or Boyega though? Driver as a character actor maybe but Ridley hasn't been in anything great yet and Boyega just had a pretty big flop with PR2. Maybe later on but right now there's not enough on either of their resumes. Ridley's age group is mad competitive, like there's literally new brunette IT girl every 10 minutes. She hasn't really gotten any prestige projects at this point.

Isaac does at least have good to great movies in his filmography (although mixed in with some big ass flops).

Edited by Rebeccas

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't know but I like him. The hate that he gets from certain corners is baffling to me.

he has good looks and i can see that cocky attitude that made cruise a star. the guy is gonna be a big deal in a few years. he has played his cards right until now

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Eh, well now that Cruise is on Tarantino's short list of people to work with, always possible the stars can align for another role.

Or he'll just be Will Smith regretting like Django

GOAT Star Trek villain incoming? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, Alli said:

he has good looks and i can see that cocky attitude that made cruise a star. the guy is gonna be a big deal in a few years. he has played his cards right until now

Yeah, I think he could be. The talent and charisma is there.

4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

How is he upstaged by Ridley or Boyega though? Driver as a character actor maybe but Ridley hasn't been in anything great yet and Boyega just had a pretty big flop with PR2. Maybe later on but right now there's not enough on either of their resumes. Ridley's age group is mad competitive, like there's literally new brunette IT girl every 10 minutes. She hasn't really gotten any prestige projects at this point.

Isaac does at least have good to great movies in his filmography (although mixed in with some big ass flops).

When i say upstaged, I'm talking about breakout stars from the franchise.  Oscar Issac has been trying to break into the mainstream with Star Wars and X-Men and hasn't been totally successful in terms of getting any closer to leading A-list movies or name recognition. 

1 minute ago, DAR said:

I feel like Depp might have some of the most pure talent.  But squandered it by really not giving a shit the last 10-15 years.

He can do some good movies, Black Mass was actually a pretty good movie. From Hell wasnt bad but Sleepy Hollow was better, I think his problem was that he was Tim Burton’s goofy guinea pig and a pirate for way way too long. 

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

When i say upstaged, I'm talking about breakout stars from the franchise.  Oscar Issac has been trying to break into the mainstream with Star Wars and X-Men and hasn't been totally successful in terms of getting any closer to leading A-list movies or name recognition. 

I didn't even know he was in Drive until I rewatched it recently. :kitschjob:

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Oscar Issac's career is going just fine. Not everyone can be A-list. Nobody but Ford walked out of Star Wars with a real big career.

I know that and i never said his career was bad but his name was mentioned as someone who could be A-list in the future along with MBJ and i don't agree with that.  Their careers seems to be going in different paths. 

• Like 1