That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

1 minute ago, oMeriMombatti said:

I hope people give Glen Powell some chances, really think he's going to be very good. Remains to be seen if he can get leading actor roles.

I'm starting to really love Glen Powell. He deserves all the roles.

3 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

I hope people give Glen Powell some chances, really think he's going to be very good. Remains to be seen if he can get leading actor roles.

It's only a matter of time until he headlines a tentpole (a successful one, hopefully).

6 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I know that and i never said his career was bad but his name was mentioned as someone who could be A-list in the future along with MBJ and i don't agree with that.  Their careers seems to be going in different paths. 

Don't see him being A-list either but felt that was in the cards for MBJ since I saw him in Chronicle and Fruitvale Station just solidified that for me.

3 hours ago, Godzilla said:

All he has to do is quit Scientology. Say he’s a changed man and he’ll be back on track. 

So today’s generation who has 36 sexes they can identify as hate tom cruise because of his religious beliefs? I get the fact Scientology is pretty far fetched but isn’t a carpenter coming back from the dead far fetched to those without faith?

1 minute ago, DeWeese said:

So today’s generation who has 36 sexes they can identify as hate tom cruise because of his religious beliefs? I get the fact Scientology is pretty far fetched but isn’t a carpenter coming back from the dead far fetched to those without faith?

People having the right to identify as whatever gender they feel isn't the same as being the active frontman for an organization that has tons of allegations of kidnapping and assault behind them, tbh. I'll still see his movies but shit isn't just an innocous religious belief. Scientology is a dangerous organization that kidnaps and hurts people.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 11

40 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Also Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the actor of that generation anyway. Everyone else is just following his ghost. It's time for the next generation to rise now. Hardy, Jordan, and Issac are the three "big names" that have broken out since 2012 that I think can do it. 

Joaquin Phoenix has become the best actor working since PSH passed. Isaac was following him closely in 2013-15 but these past few years there's no contest. These streaks never last as long as we want, so in a couple of years someone else will probably take his place, but as the best actor of the decade he's secure I think. (Actress I guess is Amy Adams?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

With Mowgli now being sent to streaming (lol) I wonder if anything will move to October 19 to take its place. The month looks really packed in general even without it.

I'm surprised WB did it but they really must have been not confident at its box office chances. 

3 minutes ago, DeWeese said:

Imagine thinking being able to choose your own identity is the same as a dangerous cult.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised WB did it but they really must have been not confident at its box office chances. 

Good movie or not, it was doomed to fail at the box office. Probably did it just to save themselves the unavoidable and unflattering comparisons.

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Joaquin Phoenix has become the best actor working since PSH passed. Isaac was following him closely in 2013-15 but these past few years there's no contest. These streaks never last as long as we want, so in a couple of years someone else will probably take his place, but as the best actor of the decade he's secure I think. (Actress I guess is Amy Adams?)

Yea Joaquin is probably my fave working today too but that Llewyn Davis/Show Me a Hero/Ex Machina/A Most Violent Year stretch was just fucking unbelievable. Actress is probably Adams, but Viola Davis is right there and if we count TV I'd actually put up Elisabeth Moss (speaking of members of dangerous cults)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Imagine thinking being able to choose your own identity is the same as a dangerous cult.

I never understand why people give a shit what people identify with if they are not hurting anyone? I think it's great that people are identifying as whatever they want to. It doesn't hurt me. I call people whatever they want to be called. End of story. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1