That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

action is for the young, but he's too old to appeal to young people. his fanbase is old. he needs to play in movies for that fanbase. mature movies.

That's funny - then explain to me why so many action movies nowadays have actors like Tom, Liam Neeson, Keanu Reeves, etc.  Hell isn't Denzel in an action movie sequel right now?

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

People under 30 don’t give a fuck about Tom Cruise or Mission Impossible which is a big reason why this franchise hasn’t really grown since Ghost.

Their loss - my sons & nephews under 30 are all going to see it - they like great action movies & Tom always delivers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm sure Cruise will gravitate towards more serious roles when he's in his 60s. American Made showed that he's still capable of giving an actual performance with no stunts involved.

Exactly - American Made was great - really enjoyed it.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm sure Cruise will gravitate towards more serious roles when he's in his 60s. American Made showed that he's still capable of giving an actual performance with no stunts involved.

I think if Denzel is doing action in his 60s, Cruise will certainly will be but I suspect he won't do as many. He should do more comedy IMO. 

Edited by Jonwo

liam neeson is another sad example. he's too talented for these movies. he stroke gold with taken, but that was a flash in the pan. most of his other action movies have not been good critical or BO. 

keanu-the same with JW

Denzel is mixing it up beautifully. action with prestige movies. he's not a good example

• Like 1

I mean as far as spy action movies go, MI is probably only second to Bond in box office power - Bourne has a respectable third - so the franchise is stable and reliable. It’s just not going to set the world on fire. It does just fine. But enough can’t be said about the power of making movies that appeals to the 18-35 crowd, especially as they become the “older” main demo.

Dunno how many of these Cruise has left in him, all said.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Were you not here for the AM&TW opening to $75.8m was a flop and the beginning of the end of the MCU? :lol:

I ducked out of that thread for good reason. Especially funny now with the very solid legs it’s posting now.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Were you not here for the AM&TW opening to $75.8m was a flop and the beginning of the end of the MCU? :lol:

lol in hindsight that was a good opening. it increased very nice from the first

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

liam neeson is another sad example. he's too talented for these movies. he stroke gold with taken, but that was a flash in the pan. most of his other action movies have not been good critical or BO. 

keanu-the same with JW

Denzel is mixing it up beautifully. action with prestige movies. he's not a good example

You said action movies were for the young & I listed a handful of actors who are not young who are making these movies - doesn't matter if the example is good or not according to you - it is fact.

• Like 1

Finally saw Won't You Be My Neighbor. Fantastic. Wonderful tribute to a great individual who always tried to have a positive outlook on life. I learned a lot more about Fred Rogers after seeing the film, and I got so emotional and teary-eyed throughout. It's easily top five of the year material.

• Like 3

Predictions For Mission Impossilbe Renegade (7) Reviews in July 2021 :

96 MC

103% RT, 9,4 Avg

RT Consensus : The Stunts are so real you can touch them. Hail Scientology.

:shades:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1