That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

Wish I could have gotten the Godzilla trailer, I'm sure it'll be glorious on the big screen! That said, I got a really good batch of trailer anyways:

-First Man

-The Girl in the Spider's Web

-Alita

-Aquaman

-Operation Finale

-Overlord

-Bumblebee

Far better than the batch of trailers I got in front of the movie I saw with a friend (he picked) yesterday, which was Skyscraper. I forget exactly which ones I got, but it included First Man, Mortal Engines, The Meg, The Hate U Give, and Robin Hood. (I think. There might have been one or two more.) Any time you get both Mortal Engines and Robin Hood, it's a bad batch of trailers. And of course, they were all old, compared to the fun of seeing new trailers for Alita, Aquaman, and Overlord on the big screen for the first time.

and the movie was much better than yesterday's movie too

Fallout was pretty darn fantastic. I thought the first 10 minutes was a little off and then the next hour was good and the last hour was insanely ridiculously awesome. I don't know how Christopher McQuarrie did some of the stuff that he did in the movie. It's, at least for me, the best mission impossible that I've seen.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Do they even screen Dinesh movies in Canada?

I seriously doubt it. At least, I hope Canada doesn’t stoop to that level.

That isn’t a dig at America at all. While I think those movies are complete trash, there are some people in the states that believe that stuff and support it, so of course some theatres would play it. They have an audience, and it would make good business sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I seriously doubt it. At least, I hope Canada doesn’t stoop to that level.

That isn’t a dig at America at all. While I think those movies are complete trash, there are some people in the states that believe that stuff and support it, so of course some theatres would play it. They have an audience, and it would make good business sense.

Please take all the digs at America. We deserve it.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm glad it got an A Cinemascore solely so that I don't have to read obnoxious overreactions to something like an A minus. I swear this fucking board overreacts to everything on the weekend threads.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm glad it got an A Cinemascore solely so that I don't have to read obnoxious overreactions to something like an A minus. I swear this fucking board overreacts to everything on the weekend threads.

Wow, really shocking that Fallout couldn’t pull an A+ after the great reviews. This probably indicates bad legs incoming.   

Spoiler

:sparta:

• Like 1

Will post more data in the tracking thread in the AM but have been tracking one of the theaters close to me. Of course I didn't do Thursday (decided too late to do this) though I have a rough idea of how Fallout did there in previews. Don't know if this is normal but Fallout's pre-sales are 40% higher for Saturday than Friday was at the same point last night (in my rough $ est). One data point, but it should have a very good jump tomorrow.

Edited by Jayhawk

Edited by dmatrixfilm1715
  • Like 1

Fallout is the best of the MI movies.  Really enjoyed the action sequences and cinematography.

The score was copy/pasted from The Dark Knight, but fine whatever, the best moments of the movie barely used it.  Vanessa Kirby was fun, Cavill was a little hammy, and those chase sequences were clean af.  

I didn't like that the movie kept flirting with the idea of a darker tone, consequences and morality questions but then never actually committed.  The plot was disposable, and there were some tonally jarring parts where it tried to be serious and then played the seriousness for a joke or obvious reveal.  But that was my only real complaint about the movie.

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

MI2 deserves an D minus. Boy was that movie trash. First one never clicked with me. As I said, the series started for me when JJ took over directing duties. 

A B for a big tent pole opening night practically is a D- in Cinemascore