That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

I used to hate fudging but seeing Black Panther at 699 week after week has me begging Disney to fudge.

Good opening for Fallout. My gut tells me the Saturday bump will be a bit higher than expected. Hopefully its right.

• Like 5

Normally I'm a better „predictor“ because I stay cold and neutral. Embarassing, all these too high predictions from me here...

This -now- 23M Friday number for M: I 6 is still somewhat depressing me, say what you want. I get it that with an objective look on it, that's a good result. But it had these reviews and trailers and the (as often not as important as it seems) internet buzz and the low competition plus the fine Pulse numbers and it seems that it's still doing much less than almost all superhero/comic book movies :(. My only hope now is that the WOM will help its OW and total run.
I also hope that The Equalizer has the same nice Saturday and Sunday holds as last week. Over 64M so far is actually ok. So it would stay a bit under the first one but not much and maybe it's WW doing better because this time it's already a well know (little) brand.
MM2's not so great hold doesn't suprise me with the already declining Saturday and Sunday numbers last weekend.

Edited by el sid
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

And the PTA for the weekend could end up below Rogue Nation's. 

I guess the bottom line is that this is a 6th film and a 5th sequel and although the trailer looked awesome, there are only so many fans of the series so to expect growth on our part, might have been questionable;

• Like 1