CaptainJackSparrow

The Lion Roars: King over 200 mil OW Club

I’m IN

BATB did $174m in March. This can definitely do $200m during the summer. 

• Like 2

I'm waiting till we get closer. Dumbo was such trash I'm not sure how confident I can be.

• Not Cool 1

FYI not trying to be offensive to Dumbo I loved the original. Burton just ruined it. While visually it was nice it was so dreary, gloomy, slow and poorly acted.. Dumbo looked great though

Just now, cdsacken said:

FYI not trying to be offensive to Dumbo I loved the original. Burton just ruined it. While visually it was nice it was so dreary, gloomy, slow and poorly acted.. Dumbo looked great though

Jon Favreau is doing TLK though (Jungle Book), so it’s a bit different than Burton and Dumbo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

Jon Favreau is doing TLK though (Jungle Book), so it’s a bit different than Burton and Dumbo.

Definitely! That's why I'm not out. I want to be in but I'm hesitant :D

I'm in.  With 4 quadrant appeal, no reason this can't do it.

• Like 1

this is a catnip for GA. they'll be, like, real animals talking! 

in 215/700

• Like 1

Out because the love of Lion King is way over blown.  It'll do well, no doubt.  But it won't do 200 OW or 700 mill.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Out because the love of Lion King is way over blown.  It'll do well, no doubt.  But it won't do 200 OW or 700 mill.

Overblown? You think that it’s less loved than BATB which did $174m in March, but this can’t do $200m during the summer? After the first trailer drew 225 million views?

Lol.

• Like 1

I'm in 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm out. These trailers look lifeless to the extent that they are having to rely on the amazing soundtrack to carry the entire marketing. I could unfortunately be wrong, but I really don't think this is impressing fans and I think the nostalgia card is wearing out its welcome with these Disney remakes. Will make a ton of money, but I'm sticking to more in the 400-450 range (so 125-150 OW). 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

This is probably happening but I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t. The combo of Pika-Aladdin-Pets-TS4 should create at least $1B DOM worth of family admissions (and to add on FFH as well) and yes there’s an obvious hype but families got to save money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

This is probably happening but I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t. The combo of Pika-Aladdin-Pets-TS4 should create at least $1B DOM worth of family admissions (and to add on FFH as well) and yes there’s an obvious hype but families got to save money.

I have been bringing this up as well for months whenever people throw around these absurd 600, 700, 800m predictions for this. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm IN, but i feel these live action remakes are not fresh anymore, it's been there, done that. The wonder of seeing it in the form of live action is gone. It's not special anymore

Edited by Alli

I'm still IN, but I'm also adjusting my expectations down quite a bit after that last trailer. I just wasn't excited by it as much as the first teaser. I still think it will beat Beauty and the Beast, but I'm certain Endgame will win the domestic crown now. 

• Like 1