CaptainJackSparrow

The Lion King OS Thread

On 7/26/2019 at 12:38 AM, Finnick said:

Lion King crossed $700M by Wednesday, Will clear $950M WW By Sunday!!

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $243,213,543    34.9%
Foreign:  $453,400,000    65.1%

Worldwide:  $696,613,543  

+$17M Wednesday domestic = $713M WW

lol $102mn in just 3 days after $. Now that's some bull-shit. Bullshit as in the Saturday and Sunday trend was worser than SM:FFH but the next three days trend is much better.

FFH did $130mn on Saturday and Sunday followed by $68mn (52%) Monday-Wednesday.

TLK in SS did $159mn but $102mn (64%) in MTW. Most likely TLK 1st Weekend was underreported.

6 minutes ago, rihrey said:

On 7/25/2019 at 9:08 PM, Finnick said:

Lion King crossed $700M by Wednesday, Will clear $950M WW By Sunday!!

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $243,213,543    34.9%
Foreign:  $453,400,000    65.1%

Worldwide:  $696,613,543  

+$17M Wednesday domestic = $713M WW

I guess I am one of Charlie's alt and I am not aware of that!!

• Haha 2

Woah. That sounds impressive TBH. 

Just assuming it legs 3x from this weekend, will mean 300mn Approx more. Now that's without Italy and Japan.

However that will be conservative number and we can totally expect 3.5-4x, i.e. $350-420mn, i.e. $960-1030mn without Japan and Italy. 

$1 Billion OS is all but locked, shall easily hit $1050mn and with all the chance in world for $1125mn if Japan give more than we expect i.e. around $60mn.

Sorry @Brainbug, but you gotta stop it to $550mn domestically, else JW ain't safe.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Woah. That sounds impressive TBH. 

Just assuming it legs 3x from this weekend, will mean 300mn Approx more. Now that's without Italy and Japan.

However that will be conservative number and we can totally expect 3.5-4x, i.e. $350-420mn, i.e. $960-1030mn without Japan and Italy. 

$1 Billion OS is all but locked, shall easily hit $1050mn and with all the chance in world for $1125mn if Japan give more than we expect i.e. around $60mn.

Sorry @Brainbug, but you gotta stop it to $550mn domestically, else JW ain't safe.

But its not impossible that JW might still win in the end. I wont accept defeat (again :() until its too late!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

yeah, this is going to pass 1B OS. is that total from old markets holds or it opened somewhere?

I hope it does get there or at least close. Disney will be happy that two live action remakes of their animated films from the 90’s are being $1B-grossers for them.

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Gotta say, if India after doing great this weekend is still not in Top 5. The others were simply extraordinary.

Wait, India is #11.

Hope this can increase a little again like last Wend. Germany still rather disappointing, though the hold (-35%) despite having the hottest day ever on Thursday and a really hot Friday too and Saturday was rather hot in most parts too, today only in the north. So like last Wend Sunday should be the biggest day. Kinda hoping for Sunday to be really gigantic.

Really hoping for a great Sunday almost everywhere.

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

But its not impossible that JW might still win in the end. I wont accept defeat (again :() until its too late!

Definitely not, think it could still end pretty much everywhere from 1.5B to 1.7+B.

• Like 2

1.5B is now totally locked. If I'm not mistaken, holidays in Latin America are basically over, so combined with the weak late legs in the area (and in China) we shoudn't expect much more than a 3x from this weekend. Likely a 950M OS-Japan-Italy. That translates into 1.5B+ WW without those twomarkets. Pretty sure Jurassic World shouldn't worry too much.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

1.5B is now totally locked. If I'm not mistaken, holidays in Latin America are basically over, so combined with the weak late legs in the area (and in China) we shoudn't expect much more than a 3x from this weekend. Likely a 950M OS-Japan-Italy. That translates into 1.5B+ WW without those twomarkets. Pretty sure Jurassic World shouldn't worry too much.

i wouldnt say that about jurassic world just yet

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i wouldnt say that about jurassic world just yet

Not saying 1.67+ isn't possible, but chances are below 20%. It needs pretty much everything to align correctly, breakout in Japan included.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Not saying 1.67+ isn't possible, but chances are below 20%. It needs pretty much everything to align correctly, breakout in Japan included.

fingers crossed, may i ask what kind of drop it had this weekend os ?  in % 

Edited by john2000