CaptainJackSparrow

The Lion King OS Thread

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

Second biggest opening day in the Netherlands (160k tickets)

Haha, I'm probably over excited about the german OD since it was just 30% bigger than Netherlands while having 380% more inhabitants, but well, it's Germany :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

35 minutes ago, Waffles said:

630k opening day for Lion King, 12th best all-time in France, ahead of The Force Awakens 

13 minutes ago, Aristis said:

Haha, I'm probably over excited about the german OD since it was just 30% bigger than Netherlands while having 380% more inhabitants, but well, it's Germany :D

We certainly are, France OD is 3x the German one despite Germany having a 22% bigger population.

Also a 208k OD would probably rank somewhere around, I don't know #50 or so in OD...

And still doubt it will get one of the Top 100 OWends though with this OD it is a little more likely.

Really interested in todays numbers. Presales data would suggest a day of around 90k🤣.

Maybe Germany will convince with good legs (hoping for a 5x of the 4-day!) but probably will only get a 3.5-4x.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Molek said:

11 minutes ago, Molek said:

Aladdin (Thursday opening, not Wednesday) was 850k

BatB (Thursday) $2.05m

So it's huge

Australia

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 2

86186 tickets in Sweden for opening day. Slightly less than I had hoped, but still incredible. Biggest opening day of the year, one of the biggest summer opening days of all time I would think (the only I know that were bigger was Deathly Hallows Part 2).

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

86186 tickets in Sweden for opening day. Slightly less than I had hoped, but still incredible. Biggest opening day of the year, one of the biggest summer opening days of all time I would think (the only I know that were bigger was Deathly Hallows Part 2).

any idea overall All time opening day ??? 

Edit :-  is this TLK number in Top 5 of all time ???

Edited by Sunny Max

9 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

any idea overall All time opening day ??? 

Edit :-  is this TLK number in Top 5 of all time ???

Good question. Lets see

Force Awakens: 113187

Deathly Hallows Part II: 110977

Then I know The Last Jedi was over as well. Then I do not really know any beyond these. Return of the King and the Hobbit 3 are possbilities, but I would think they were lower.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

Good question. Lets see

Force Awakens: 113187

Deathly Hallows Part II: 110977

Then I know The Last Jedi was over as well. Then I do not really know any beyond these. Return of the King and the Hobbit 3 are possbilities, but I would think they were lower.

So TLK could be in top 5 of all time .... stunning  😮