CaptainJackSparrow

The Lion King OS Thread

2nd biggest start ever in Brazil Just behind AEG ... $4.5 M on Thursday ... :ohmygod::ohmygod:

Deadline 

Elsewhere, the Thursday openers on TLK include Brazil with the 2nd highest industry launch day of all time, behind only Avengers: Endgame. At $4.5M, it more than doubled the opening day of Beauty And The Beast.

Latin America saw the highest opening day of all time across the region for a Disney branded live action film. Again, more than twice what BATB did in 2017.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunny Max said:

2nd biggest start ever in Brazil Just behind AEG ... $4.5 M on Thursday ... :ohmygod::ohmygod:

Deadline 

Elsewhere, the Thursday openers on TLK include Brazil with the 2nd highest industry launch day of all time, behind only Avengers: Endgame. At $4.5M, it more than doubled the opening day of Beauty And The Beast.

Latin America saw the highest opening day of all time across the region for a Disney branded live action film. Again, more than twice what BATB did in 2017.

I knew it. It was the 2nd most anticipated movie of the year here (after AEG) and BATB did amazing numbers here in 2017.

Should have good legs too.

• Like 1

More of South America:

Argentina: 184.748 | 110% over Beauty and the Beast

7 hours ago, Hei25 said:

It opened 57% below TS4. But is hard to compare both of them, TS4 opened in a holiday while TLK opened in 35% of the country in winter holidays. 

A good comparisson could be The Secret Life of Pets in 2016, it opened while Buenos Aires (50% of the market) was in winter holidays with a stunning 149k OD befor a 649k OW.

The estimates put TLK as the 7th biggest OD, right above Infinty War 167k adm. OD.

Actuals could put it in the 5th place behind TS4, Endgame, F7 and FF8.

Perú: 150.000 | 6% over Toy Story 4 (TS4 is now the 5th movie of all time there BTW) 

Bolivia: 19.947 | 200% over BatB | 65% of TS4 ( TS4 had holiday)

Paraguay: 8.390 | 125% over BaTB | 70% over TS4

Uruguay: 16.066 (holiday) | 540% over BatB ,| 742% over TS4

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Apollo2xx said:

I knew it. It was the 2nd most anticipated movie of the year here (after AEG) and BATB did amazing numbers here in 2017.

Should have good legs too.

yeah & overall Extra-ordinary performance in Latin region .. 

27 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

More of South America:

Argentina: 184.748 | 110% over Beauty and the Beast

Perú: 150.000 | 6% over Toy Story 4 (TS4 is now the 5th movie of all time there BTW) 

Bolivia: 19.947 | 200% over BatB | 65% of TS4 ( TS4 had holiday)

Paraguay: 8.390 | 125% over BaTB | 70% over TS4

Uruguay: 16.066 (holiday) | 540% over BatB ,| 742% over TS4

So TLk has massive start in Latin Region .... should have good legs too ..

Uruguay , Paraguay , Brazil & Mexico performance is Jaw Dropping 

Edit :- is this the All time OD in Paraguay & Uruguay ??? 

Edited by Sunny Max

15 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Its feasible but if I had to bet I’d say $540-$560m.

if what charlie said its true and he said 550 by sunday but with around 200 weekend , so if dom comes at 220-230 a little higher os and we could see 600 by sunday

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

if what charlie said its true and he said 550 by sunday but with around 200 weekend , so if dom comes at 220-230 a little higher os and we could see 600 by sunday

yeah ... we could see $600 M by sunday if domestic comes little higher than our estimation ... same with OS as well .. i m seeing some gigantic figures in Europe & Latin countries 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

So TLk has massive start in Latin Region .... should have good legs too ..

Uruguay , Paraguay , Brazil & Mexico performance is Jaw Dropping 

Edit :- is this the All time OD in Paraguay & Uruguay ??? 

Not in Paraguay, there at least Endgame opened with 21k admissions. In Uruguay is the highest I've seen but I can't assure you that is actually the best OD of all time 

• Thanks 1