CaptainJackSparrow

The Lion King OS Thread

29 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

OS-China will be $290mn through Sunday. With $97mn China, $397mn through Sunday.

Shall be able to do $850-900mn in the markets released. Italy, Japan and Hong Kong shall add $100mn IMO. Add $120mn from China to that, I don't see how it miss $1075-1125mn Overseas.

Domestic shall do $550-575mn Approx atleast, that will take it to $1625-1700mn.

in your opinion is 600 dom and 1,8 billion possible ?

31 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

OS-China will be $290mn through Sunday. With $97mn China, $397mn through Sunday.

Shall be able to do $850-900mn in the markets released. Italy, Japan and Hong Kong shall add $100mn IMO. Add $120mn from China to that, I don't see how it miss $1075-1125mn Overseas.

It will be tough for Frozen 2 to beat the lion.

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Damn, You certain about $290m through Sunday that would mean like a $97m Saturday and a $82m Sunday or so. After $111m over the first three days (22m, 31.9m, 57.1m)

And that multi seems kinda high too, on the other hand its strong in Latin America, Europe and they tend to have better legs overall and its a family movie. 1B OS-Ch would be absolutely insane, like that's what TFA did ($1007m) or IW 1B OS (I think $997m to be exact).

Edited by Taruseth

7 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Damn, You certain about $290m through Sunday that would mean like a $97m Saturday and a $82m Sunday or so. After $111m over the first three days (22m, 31.9m, 57.1m)

Yeah should do. Expecting 70% jump on Saturday. Could be even better as these sort of films do big on Saturday and Sunday. FFH jumped 57%, can totally expect 70 from it. 

ffs India jumped 70% while ffh jump was barely 40%. Korea jumped 150%.

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Damn world, you ate the whole thing.

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

@Charlie Jatinder, did you mean 850-900M total with or without China? 'Cause if you mean with China, then you've added China's gross twice to the total haul.

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Without.

290 * 3 : 870

and 3x is totally doable for it imo.

jurassic world 1 had around 3,3 multi without japan and china, i think that lion king can challenge something like that, if it can then it could hit 960 os without japan and china

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

It shall do $50mn atleast IMO. That's sorta reasonable as well. Around 30mn from Italy and Hong Kong could shed $10mn. There are few other left like Venezuela, etc.

How much can it do in Venezuela? And how do they calculate the exchange rate there anyways? Surely they wouldn't use the exchange rate for essential goods, would they?

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

How much can it do in Venezuela? And how do they calculate the exchange rate there anyways? Surely they wouldn't use the exchange rate for essential goods, would they?

Yeah, that also interests me. In Argentina the inflation match Er change weirdly, but not in Venezuela.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

In like for like markets, exc China, BaTB opened at $157mn and finaled at $520mn. (3.3x)

Same multi will give TLK $960mn + $120mn China and $100mn IHJ, $1180mn 😛

then 1,2 billion os could happen, its too early to tell right now, but its summer and other than habbs and shaw , it doesnt have competition, plus ts4 and ffh made most of their money, so as of now i would say that the highest could be 1,8 bill ww

Edited by john2000