That One Girl

Midsommar | July 3, 2019 | Florence Pugh, Jack Reynor, Will Poulter | A24 | Ari Aster (Hereditary) directing

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

I heard Aster is taking a break from horror projects for a while if u wanna consider that stopping. 

Personally, I'm really interested in seeing how Aster approaches a non-horror film. His last two films were so depressing and nihilistic that he really does need a break.

On 7/31/2019 at 12:13 PM, SLAM! said:

Personally, I'm really interested in seeing how Aster approaches a non-horror film. His last two films were so depressing and nihilistic that he really does need a break.

Just watch his shorts. Even non horror doubt he'll shake his penchant to revel in discomfort and grief.

13 minutes ago, aladdino said:

Is it really?

Definitely.

Hereditary is a classic horror movie in some ways, it does break some cliches, the pace and direction are different and strange, but the structure isn't really far from a typical good horror movie.

The legs for example are pretty good for Hereditary, not so much for Midsommar, but since they're both on top 5 of most successful A24 movies, they're probably happy with both.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Definitely.

Hereditary is a classic horror movie in some ways, it does break some cliches, the pace and direction are different and strange, but the structure isn't really far from a typical good horror movie.

The legs for example are pretty good for Hereditary, not so much for Midsommar, but since they're both on top 5 of most successful A24 movies, they're probably happy with both.

I could say midsommar would appeal more to teens-people in their 20's due to the characters being college students going on a trip... they seem similar commercialness wise...

Edited by aladdino
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Definitely won't get to see the extended in theaters so here's hoping the months leading up to a blu-ray release go by fast.

There's currently no planned release with the extended cut. Obviously it'll happen eventually, but the current announced blu-ray release is very barebones.

2 hours ago, harrisonisdead said:

There's currently no planned release with the extended cut. Obviously it'll happen eventually, but the current announced blu-ray release is very barebones.

I'm sure it'll be available around the same time the theatrical cut is.

Finally watched it.

Movie was brought down by the lack of unbearable characters, when you makes a movie having as focus a character who finds peace by joining a weirdo cult, because she finally cut off the toxic relationships of her life, you need to give a reason to we buy it. And none of her friends (and even her bf) were bad enough to justify it. Any narrative logic was also throw off by the window with everything that happened post the suicide of the couple. 

Beautiful cinematograph, altough.