YM!

DC League of Super Pets | Warner Animation Group | HE DOESN’T TAKE SIT FROM ANYONE | The Rock, Kevin Hart, Kate McKinnon, John Krasinski and KEANU REEVES as the GODDAMNED BATMAN | July 29 2022

On 11/17/2021 at 1:25 PM, Mojoguy said:

Over or under Teen Titans Go movie?

Over for no other reason then it's clear Warners is going to push and market this as a major release, which they did not do for Teen Titans Go.

Saw the trailer, and head the Iron Man Joke. With the Superman joke in "Eternals" we might see a lot of kidding each other in the DC and MCU from now on.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

Over for no other reason then it's clear Warners is going to push and market this as a major release, which they did not do for Teen Titans Go.

Saw the trailer, and head the Iron Man Joke. With the Superman joke in "Eternals" we might see a lot of kidding each other in the DC and MCU from now on.

OT but as a kid, I always for some reason had this mindset that in each other comics universe that the other company existed as merely comics/IPs. Peter Parker read Superman comics, Bruce Wayne probably saw Logan, etc. It certainly adds a touch of verisimilitude to the proceedings considering such characters dominate our pop culture. 

• Like 1

I know people like @EmpireCity are going to (somewhat deservedly) give me shit, but this would have been better served as a hybrid release IMO. A goofy, non-consequential spinoff cartoon that's just a couple of weeks after people blow their salaries on Doctor Strange is a tough sell to say the least. An HBO Max component would at least ensure it has some purpose, especially since theatrical animation hasn't even come close to profitability just yet.

• Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I know people like @EmpireCity are going to (somewhat deservedly) give me shit, but this would have been better served as a hybrid release IMO. A goofy, non-consequential spinoff cartoon that's just a couple of weeks after people blow their salaries on Doctor Strange is a tough sell to say the least. An HBO Max component would at least ensure it has some purpose, especially since theatrical animation hasn't even come close to profitability just yet.

Well if they keep doing hybrid releases they certainly won't get to be profitable. It's just a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 1

That makes absolutely no sense.  So make it hybrid because.... why again?  "Some purpose"?  

What does that even mean?  How will it give it less purpose to have a theatrical exclusive release and then go to HBOMax 45 days later?  

All that will do is cost WB millions and millions of dollars and bring them zero new subscribers.  

• Like 5

They’re making hbomax specific movies, there’s really no point in doing hybrid releases for them anymore. Theatres need content and WB needs other sources of revenue also cause they’re gonna be spending a lot on content for max as well. 

• Like 3

Why do people insist on depriving theaters of content so much? 

• Thanks 1

Have to admit, "Batman works alone" (then lists all of the people he works with) was a pretty funny line.

I dunno.  This could be a modest success if it finds the right tone/audience.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 7

It seemed insufferable on that first trailer, but those Batman gags made me laugh. I always like it when Batman is portrayed as a pompous, self-centered weirdo for some reason. Still don’t expect much, but at least that stuff will be funny 

• Like 2

Yeah, this trailer is cuter than the first one, and sells me a bit more on Kevin Hart Ace. It’s cute how he and Batman bond over tragic backstories. Jury is still out on quality though.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1