sfran43

Tuesday Numbers: MI6- $9.45M estimate

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

200M back on table? Or it never left? :ph34r:

This series seems to show remarkable legs. Sequels aren't supposed to get 3 multipliers every time.  If this hits 200, I'll be surprised but not shocked.  

• Like 1

(Replying here to a quote from the Monday numbers thread, which seems locked)

@JohnnyGossamer What you said doesn't invalidate the comparison in anyway. My point was that Black Panther was not designed as direct competition to Peter Rabbit, just like Jurassic World wasn't designed as direct competition to Incredibles. BP is a live-action superhero movie, and Peter Rabbit is a live-action/animation hybrid family movie. JW is a four-quadrant big budget sci-fi action-disaster film, I2 is a superhero action film but also an animated family comedy. BP and JW2 appeal to any and all ages but weren't created as family films, PR and I2 were made specifically to target the family demographic. And I wouldn't call JW2 direct competition just because it opened a weekend later to massive numbers, since it's not made with the same demographics in mind, nor is it even the same genre. Get the point now? :thinking: