grim22

Kraven the Hunter | Aug 30 2024 | Sony | Equalizer 2 writer developing | Bitten by radioactive lions.

Kraven: Pet Detective lol

Jokes aside, I suppose you make him an anti-hero pro-environmentalist action figure. Mind you I'm one of those old timer Spider-Man fans ("get off my lawn!") who struggles to imagine Kraven outside of the context of a Spidey yarn.* Of course Sony also struggled (if not lamely failed) to make an anti-hero vampire movie starring an Oscar winner* just this year, so....

*=Granted I thought the same thing with Venom and well, Tom Hardy's new mansion proves me wrong so what do I know?

I mean I get they are trying to go anti-hero here like with Venom and having an animal hunter makes him straight up a bad guy, but that is who Kraven is. Ehh, whatever. The only good live-action Spidey films they have made since Spider-Man 2 have all been produced by Marvel. Honestly, I fear now that NWH exploded, Sony is going to go off and make stupid live-action spider-verse spin-off movies. I have nothing against that. It's just Sony has a shit track record with their Spider-Man property.

• Like 1

Just took a glance at what January looks like following this delay and man, that month is an absolute wasteland now. The few releases mostly sound like typical early year schlock. The Christmas holdovers and Oscar contenders should have no problem taking advantage of such an empty market for a while.