sfran43

Weekend Thread: | Estimates (per BOM) ~ M:I-F 35M, DCR 25.003M, TSWDM 12.35M, MM!HWGA 9.09M, TE2 8.83M, HT3:SV 8.2M, AMatW 6.188M, TDM 5.8M

The mixed reception for Christopher Robin is genuinely baffling.  I could be heavily biased because Winnie the Pooh is something iGrEwUpOn, but it made me feel HAPPINESS and that’s all that matters.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 9

put 30 for CR, 16 for Spy, and 7 for DM in the derby. - I could probably pull of a 75% best with those Thursday #s

I put 2 and 2 for Death of a Nation and 8th Grade.  - on the unlucky side of things, those could end up above 2.5m for the weekend.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The mixed reception for Christopher Robin is genuinely baffling.  I could be heavily biased because Winnie the Pooh is something iGrEwUpOn, but it made me feel HAPPINESS and that’s all that matters.

I don't always agree with TOG, but when I do. He's clearly right.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Comparing the films that make you cry and feel joy from 2018:

Christopher Robin > WYBMN > Paddington 2 > Mamma Mia 2

Dude. DUde. Don’t mess me like that. I was already excited for Pooh. I might drag my sick behind to the theater today. (Not contiguous, but incredibly anemic.)

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Darkest Minds showing post apocalyptic YA is dead, Mortal Engines will probably reinforce that in December.

I truly don’t know what they were thinking with that movie. 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

For what it’s worth my audience which was reasonably filled and had a lot of kids ate this movie up.  People clapped at the end.  Not sure where the reviews that kids will be bored are coming from, because it seems like they all loved it.

Kids in my audience loved it. I'm going to guess that it's reviewers thinking kids will be bored.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

remember when the first two Hunger Games made over 400m. Then the following sequels collapsed and now it is like that franchise never existed?

Almost like completely ditching the titular hook/set piece of your entire series for the final entry isn’t a great move. 

26 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Darkest Minds showing post apocalyptic YA is dead, Mortal Engines will probably reinforce that in December.

Well Ready Player One just made close to 600 million, Death Cure close to 300.

• Like 1