NickDisney13

Hustlers | Sept 13th, 2019 | STX | Jennifer Lopez, Constance Wu | 25th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

7 hours ago, ban1o said:

no the target audience is clearly women and gays. Like this is obvious from the online reaction to the film lol. Conservative heterosexual men generally don't like films with female protagonists, especially women of color, regardless of if thy are strippers. 

I'm literally everything you just described and I'm looking forward to this.

Whoops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

So this is being predicted 2 score and opening weekend of around 35 million? I just simply cannot see that happening.

It's getting theater sets to make it possible...

And it has elements that will draw both 18+ men and women...especially all of those with subscription movie passes...

Do I personally think it ends that high?  No, I think we're still getting used to the new, new normal with presales, now that Regal has become a huge subscription player since August...but who knows?  Maybe I'm wrong:)...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Giggi said:

Wasn’t twitter angry at Cardi B just a couple months ago when it came out she use to drug and rob men when she worked as a stripper?

Remember all those memes comparing her to R kelly and Bill Cosby?

Now she is in a movie about strippers robbing men that is getting rave reviews... the world is too funny sometimes, I am starting to wonder if her publicist leaked those tapes of her admitting that in order to increase PR for the movie.

Anyways this movie looks right up my alley, I’ll probably go see it this weekend. My guess it will make a healthy 25-30 millions this weekend. Women will definitely want to see it because if the girl power aspect and since it’s a stripper movie with attractive leads that could help drawn in male audiences.

Well tom some in society, logic is people who go to a strip club are 'lowlife' so its okay to do to that to them...

Being honest i feel going into the Hip Hop Scene is like a good way with people with a checkered past to make it big these days, because you get a lot of passes. 

Some lukewarm reviews from the big Youtube channels, not totally surprising if you believe the target audience of Hustlers is women and gay guys. Speaking of... (mild spoilers) :D :

One criticism I'm seeing reappear is about the pacing, but even the people "meh" about it say JLo is amazing. 

8 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Well tom some in society, logic is people who go to a strip club are 'lowlife' so its okay to do to that to them...

Being honest i feel going into the Hip Hop Scene is like a good way with people with a checkered past to make it big these days, because you get a lot of passes. 

Nah, they go to The White House or go become filmmakers.                                                                       

Edited by PenguinHyphy

On 9/12/2019 at 7:19 AM, ban1o said:

no the target audience is clearly women and gays. Like this is obvious from the online reaction to the film lol. Conservative heterosexual men generally don't like films with female protagonists, especially women of color, regardless of if thy are strippers. 

sorry, Conservative heterosexual men are exactly the target audience. They just want to see beautiful women in revealing clothes on the big screen. It makes those men feel powerful as if they can own the women's body. I won't be surprised if those men get hard-ons from watching the trailer alone. 

35 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

sorry, Conservative heterosexual men are exactly the target audience. They just want to see beautiful women in revealing clothes on the big screen. It makes those men feel powerful as if they can own the women's body. I won't be surprised if those men get hard-ons from watching the trailer alone. 

Sure, Jan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

IDK, I was looking up reviews on Youtube yesterday and saw some "Hustlers is as dangerous as Joker" and "The PC critics are wrong about Hustlers!" type results. One from a channel with "Chad" in the name, so I wasn't clicking on that. 

Overall, I agree many straight men won't think it's the worst thing ever if they get "dragged" to see Hustlers by their wives/girlfriends, or really want to see it themselves. They might like it, or not, and that’s fine. 

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1