NickDisney13

Hustlers | Sept 13th, 2019 | STX | Jennifer Lopez, Constance Wu | 25th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This is Jennifer Aniston all over again. JLo may pick up some precursors (Globes being the most obvious and SAG is now 1/2 DJs anyway) but she'll be stopped at the Oscars and BAFTA won't touch her and her movie with a pole. I'm sure she's great but there are obstacles and Actress field is stacked with respectable contenders in roles that have "more substance" (from voters POV).  

Lady Gaga was nominated last year.

It will depend on how big a hit the movie ends up being since early reviews indicate there is some substance ("female empowerment" is a repeated phrase) for awards to hook into into.  Aniston's film was a low grossing indie drama with a 49 on MC.   It's still early but this is currently sitting at 80 on MC. 

• Like 2

oh my sweet lord this is amazing, thanks coolio.

Truly embarrassing hahaha.

I read a story the other day that Jeremy renner released a paid mobile app which just shows his twitter feed?

amazing.

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Lady Gaga was nominated last year.

It will depend on how big a hit the movie ends up being since early reviews indicate there is some substance ("female empowerment" is a repeated phrase) for awards to hook into into.  Aniston's film was a low grossing indie drama with a 49 on MC.   It's still early but this is currently sitting at 80 on MC. 

There are other "female empowerment" movies in the mix starring more respectable actresses. Just sayin that "female empowerment" isn't just Hustler's trademark for other movies will claim that too.

Moreover, look at all TIFF tweets and they are getting super repetitive. Every movie is amazing. Everyone should be nominated. Those are typically over-enthusiastic early reactions. When things calm down and lists and actual nominations (critics first) start popping up, we'll see who sinks and who swims. The point isn't to get overhype tweets but keep the buzz alive throughout the season. They are going to screen more movies today and tomorrow etc and they are going to get hyped reactions which means previous hyped ones will be forgotten at that moment.

JLo as a nominee would be refreshing for she is the opposite of usual suspect, but comparing her to Gaga  does not stand. Gaga was in the major Picture nominee. heck, the movie was the frontrunner for a long time and so was Gaga. Unless actual reviews (when Hustlers comes out) start suggesting that JLo is a winner material (not just "throw her a bone with a nom") she's just one of hopefuls. 

we'll see. I'm just saying, TIFF is the least reliable when it comes to tweets cause they overhype everything. They are reliable with Audience award so that's the one to pay attention to. 

@CoolioD1 Fair point about boxoffice. Aniston movie was little seen and she campaigned her ass off. Hustlers will be seen though I don't expect ASIB boxoffice lol. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

This is the post that made me realize he’s the midlife crisis version of ansel elgort’s music career.

I don't think it is comparable since Ansolo has always been into music i believe. According to wikipedia he had signed a record deal prior to releasing his first notable role (Divergent). So he gets a pass.

Speaking of which, did you know Shailene woodley doesn't wash her hair and eats mud?

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I don't think it is comparable since Ansolo has always been into music i believe. According to wikipedia he had signed a record deal prior to releasing his first notable role (Divergent). So he gets a pass.

Speaking of which, did you know Shailene woodley doesn't wash her hair and eats mud?

Clay not mud

5 minutes ago, VENOM said:

I only ask @Avatree because how could you not have heard this at least once  

I don't recognise that, but it sounds quite generic so maybe have heard it before.

Also that song is seriously annoying.

I wouldn't listen to that kind of music (hip hop r&b whatever you want to call it, idk) anyway.

To answer your question what do I listen to, mostly just whatever comes next on spotify playlist. My favourite genre is pop punk and my favourite band is Volbeat. If that helps.

Anything vaguely rock is good by me.

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

I don't recognise that, but it sounds quite generic so maybe have heard it before.

Also that song is seriously annoying.

I wouldn't listen to that kind of music (hip hop r&b whatever you want to call it, idk) anyway.

To answer your question what do I listen to, mostly just whatever comes next on spotify playlist. My favourite genre is pop punk and my favourite band is Volbeat. If that helps.

Anything vaguely rock is good by me.

That’s the song everyone remembers her for, it actually became a meme. I’m not saying I like the song or you should but just surprised you haven’t heard of it