Grade it  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Discuss

Posted (edited)

I laughed out loud like twenty times during it (and so did everyone else in the audience). The only good things about the movie were a couple of really neat-looking shots and the fact that it was mercifully short.

2/10

Edited by Rorschach

On 8/9/2018 at 10:39 PM, Rorschach said:

I laughed out loud like twenty times during it (and so did everyone else in the audience). The only good things about the movie were a couple of really neat-looking shots and the fact that it was mercifully short.

2/10

Curious as to what you laughed at.  I didn't think there was anything unintentionally funny with this at all.

It's not a terrific movie but it sure does a lot of things right as a horror movie.  The setting in the woods is downright creepy and some of the stuff where they may or may not be going crazy is well done.  I hated that every scene was dark...and I did want to shout "TURN THE FUCKING LIGHTS ON".  However, I was on edge quite a bit.  The lead actress in this was really good.  Joey King was fine as well.

I'd recommend this to others.  It was good but not great.

7/10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Curious as to what you laughed at.  I didn't think there was anything unintentionally funny with this at all.

I thought the scene where the one girl has a hallucination of the guy she's with having Slender Man on his face. Idk something about it felt incredibly over-the-top for me. There were a lot of other really stupid moments in the film where I just rolled my eyes. 

I'm big into Creepypastas and I was a big fan of the original Slender Man Eight Pages game. Overall,  I thought this film was just one big missed opportunity.

Why even bother? This Slenderman bullshit stopped being relevant years ago.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're gonna make a crap horror movie at least fill it with gore and tits. 

I guess this stupid internet character is mainly popular with little kids, but the horror genre isn't really for them.

3 hours ago, ShanghaiJoe said:

Why even bother? This Slenderman bullshit stopped being relevant years ago.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're gonna make a crap horror movie at least fill it with gore and tits. 

I guess this stupid internet character is mainly popular with little kids, but the horror genre isn't really for them.

I'm 46 and I enjoyed it.