sfran43

Weekend Thread: DHD Friday #'s (p.14) ~ The Megalogross 17M, Slenderman 4-5M, BlacKkKlansman 3.8-4M

So, will legs be good enough (and the OW continue to go high enough) for The Meg to bump a sequel (HT3) out of the DOM Top 10 this year, so we can get back to 2 premier concepts in that group?

I think with a $16.5M Friday, the weekend is projected too low...

I'd see...

$4M Thurs

$12.5M Fri

$15.6M Sat (+25%)

S11.7M Sun (-25%)

For $43.8M - would need roughly 3.5ishx legs min from that number to jump HT3 which will end somewhere close to $160M...but repeat viewing is rather cheap for many again, and end of August is rather empty for cool, awesome teen-to-college student positioned "let's get together again and hang out at a mindlessly fun movie..."  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, will legs be good enough (and the OW continue to go high enough) for The Meg to bump a sequel (HT3) out of the DOM Top 10 this year, so we can get back to 2 premier concepts in that group?

I'd see...

$4M Thurs

$12.5M Fri

$15.6M Sat (+25%)

S11.7M Sun (-25%)

For $43.8M - would need roughly 3.5ishx legs min from that number to jump HT3 which will end somewhere close to $160M...but repeat viewing is rather cheap for many again, and end of August is rather empty for cool, awesome teen-to-college student positioned "let's get together again and hang out at a mindlessly fun movie..."  

I would just be happy to see MEG hit 100 mill.  I'm pretty sure it will but I don't see how it comes anywhere close to HT3.  That would be a huge multiplier.  Don't see it happening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alli said:

Hopefully. The Meg really hit it this weekend. and Mile 22 comes next w/e. legs will not be as good as RN

I'm not sure where you are getting this from?  It had a ridiculously small drop last weekend and after next weekend there is really nothing coming out that will affect it.  And if it drops 45% this weekend against a 40 mill opener that is aimed at the same audience, I'd say that makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'd see...

$4M Thurs

$12.5M Fri

$15.6M Sat (+25%)

Honestly, I don't think Sat bump for Meg will be this type of goodness. 10%, yes, maybe even 15, but not 25.

1 minute ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Is there any hype for Mile 22? 

Zero. Pre-sales just a little bit better than Alpha.

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1