sfran43

Weekend Thread: DHD Friday #'s (p.14) ~ The Megalogross 17M, Slenderman 4-5M, BlacKkKlansman 3.8-4M

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Following the very beloved Spider Man 2 in a growing industry with exchange rates getting better ?

SM2's reception definitely played a big part in SM3's increase, but to have increase that big in the third movie you need a great hook and Venom was that hook.

• Founder / Operator
23 minutes ago, Firepower said:

SM2's reception definitely played a big part in SM3's increase, but to have increase that big in the third movie you need a great hook and Venom was that hook.

I actually agree here, partially. Venom was a major hook during the marketing of SM3. But I also don't think that movie would have performed the way it did (in terms of opening, anyway) without the incredible goodwill of the first two movies. I'd even go so far as to say that Eddie/Venom's portrayal is part of the reason word of mouth crippled the movie's legs.

• Like 5

What tone the Venom movie is supposed to have ?

From the trailers, I honestly can't tell.

MCU kinda tone ?

Dark & Gritty ?

Meta comedy so edgy Deadpool will skip Deapool 3 and do directly Deadpool 4 instead.

A Tom Hardy movie, which are usually charisma and nuanced acting free.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Shawn said:

I'd even go so far as to say that Eddie/Venom's portrayal is part of the reason word of mouth crippled the movie's legs.

It's true, but opening was huge enough to make it the highest grossing SM movie WW. With good WOM, it would have made $1 bln+ WW.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Should hit around $17m or so again today.

Are you being serious? that would be something like a 40% increase from its true Friday. Are you sure you have your numbers right buddy LOL that seems like a massive increase.

45 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

That's a great Fri number for the shark movie isn't it?

I bet @baumer  is very proud of its performance.

I'm glad it's doing well because I like the book and there were a lot of people here at the beginning who said this is absolutely going to tank so I am glad to see that it's doing fairly well.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Lol. If it does 34 in two days then it'll probably do 47.

If it does 47, everyone is Sur(v)ivor is gonna die. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

Are you being serious? that would be something like a 40% increase from its true Friday. Are you sure you have your numbers right buddy LOL that seems like a massive increase.

Should be close to $17m

• Like 4
  • Astonished 6