sfran43

Weekend Thread: DHD Friday #'s (p.14) ~ The Megalogross 17M, Slenderman 4-5M, BlacKkKlansman 3.8-4M

HOLY SHIT, it stayed flat from its OD in August?!?! :ohmygod: I thought it was gonna be frontloaded, so...... wow.

Now just imagine if they ever decide to bring the actual Jaws franchise back for a proper sequel/soft reboot alas Jurassic World. 150-200M OW wouldn't be out of the imagination. People really do love shark movies that much.

22 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

HOLY SHIT, it stayed flat from its OD in August?!?! :ohmygod: I thought it was gonna be frontloaded, so...... wow.

Now just imagine if they ever decide to bring the actual Jaws franchise back for a proper sequel/soft reboot alas Jurassic World. 150-200M OW wouldn't be out of the imagination. People really do love shark movies that much.

If Jaws shows an ocean park like jurassic park where people stay under-water for a few days (there are hotels that let you stay below the surface) and there are leaks and structural damages that sharks can expolit, then that would be something. Human township under-water vs sharks.

Else to make a shark movie capable of 150-200 ow today is nearly impossible. Dinosaurs can move around on land and that makes it easier to put together a sub-par JP. Difficult to do that once you restrict physical freedom. The characters and emotional qotient needs to be solid like with Jaws. Jaws reboot would be matched with pessimism imo.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

That seems close to what I said yesterday morning - see Top 10 could still be in play:)...

I would love to see this get a 3X.....I really would.  That would just be one of the bigger surprises of the summer!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

If Jaws shows an ocean park like jurassic park where people stay under-water for a few days (there are hotels that let you stay below the surface) and there are leaks and structural damages that sharks can expolit, then that would be something. Human township under-water vs sharks.

Else to make a shark movie capable of 150-200 ow today is nearly impossible. Dinosaurs can move around on land and that makes it easier to put together a sub-par JP. Difficult to do that once you restrict physical freedom. The characters and emotional qotient needs to be solid like with Jaws. Jaws reboot would be matched with pessimism imo.

Thats basically this film honestly:

91B6+3+kpOL._RI_.jpg

• Haha 2

JWFK has a huge drop...51%....It's coming to the end of it's run.  Looks like it will end just shy of 420.  Still has a chance at 1.3 billion WW.

• Like 1

Its interesting to me that a film like Wonder Woman grosses 412M and is considered a cultural phenomenon, while JW: FK will gross more than that and is at best considered just another blockbuster.

Good example imo why raw numbers are only 1 small part of the whole package, when it comes to "cultural phenomenons".

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Its interesting to me that a film like Wonder Woman grosses 412M and is considered a cultural phenomenon, while JW: FK will gross more than that and is at best considered just another blockbuster.

Good example imo why raw numbers are only 1 small part of the whole package, when it comes to "cultural phenomenons".

I see what you are getting at, but Wonder Woman is different than JWFK in so many ways.  It's a super hero movie headlined by a woman and starring mostly women.  JWFK is just another massive sequel.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I see what you are getting at, but Wonder Woman is different than JWFK in so many ways.  It's a super hero movie headlined by a woman and starring mostly women.  JWFK is just another massive sequel.  

Thats exactly what i meant. On paper, with only the numbers, FK and WW seem pretty much equal. But when it comes to the impact the films had on the culture and moviegoing in general, they're in different worlds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1