sfran43

Weekend Thread: DHD Friday #'s (p.14) ~ The Megalogross 17M, Slenderman 4-5M, BlacKkKlansman 3.8-4M

9 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

@a2k From DHD's latest update

Rampage ($35.7M, with a domestic that we’re told will ultimately cross $100M). 

Dwayne is salivating at the chance that Rampage might be able to compete for the Best Popular Movie Oscar now.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Go Tom, go 

Image result for tom cruise running gif

Can't wait for Crazy Rich Asians to overperform. Kudos to Warner Bros for making a 1) mid-range, $30M movie 2) that's a romcom and 3) the first studio w/ an all-Asian cast since The Joy Luck Club. 

Fuck Disney and all the damage they've done and continue to do to the industry. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

More credit to the scheduling tbh.

The Rock+Monsters can somewhat withstand the onslaught of incoming summer but The Meg probably wouldn't have survived in Rampage' place.

I wonder how The Meg would have fared had it kept its March release date, probably not very well. 

The  second weekend of August looks like a slot WB looks at for future tentpoles since Annabelle Creation and now The Meg have been successful there. 

CRA breaking out next week will be the icing on the cake for WB

Edited by Jonwo

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder how The Meg would have fared had it kept its March release date, probably not very well. 

The  second weekend of August looks like a slot WB looks at for future tentpoles since Annabelle Creation and now The Meg have been successful there. 

Jason Statham has Hobbs & Shaw next August so we've probably found the new savior of the end of summer lol.

• Like 1

lol @ Rampage being resurrected

Hobbs and Shaw is definitely going to outgross F8 of the Furious. I've said that for a while, but these Meg numbers prove Statham has pull.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

lol @ Rampage being resurrected

Hobbs and Shaw is definitely going to outgross F8 of the Furious. I've said it for a while, but these Meg numbers prove Statham has pull.

He defo has a pull and Furious 7 was garnering tons of buzz when he was cast, well before Paul Walker's untimely demise RIP. So The Meg is totally Jason vs Giant Shark appeal. Put a no name in his role and you wouldn't get this opening. Nobody cares to see Alden Ehrenreich, for example, fight a giant shark, but a star like Jason? Bring it. 

Amazing hold for MI6, hopefully the actual stays above 20M.