sfran43

Weekend Thread: DHD Friday #'s (p.14) ~ The Megalogross 17M, Slenderman 4-5M, BlacKkKlansman 3.8-4M

Skyscarper

Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Week
2018/07/13 3 $24,905,015   3,782 $6,585   $24,905,015 1
2018/07/20 6 $11,360,030 -54% 3,822 $2,972   $47,149,150 2
2018/07/27 9 $5,341,455 -53% 2,773 $1,926   $59,091,215 3
2018/08/03 14 $2,247,685 -58% 1,523 $1,476   $64,477,850 4
2018/08/10 19 $645,000 -71% 670 $963   $66,155,875 5

Among other DJ films with a similar dom it should go over Race to the Witch Mountain's 67.2m (2009) but Hercules's 72.7m (2014) is well out of reach. Baywatch (2017) and Tooth Fairy (2010) did 58 and 60 respectively.

It's on 281 ww and Japan will push it closer to 300, but profitability is tough if dom is only a little over half the prod budget.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

@Blankments trailer stalkers (never got Slender Man):

6:

Alpha (The Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Downsizing, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Isle of Dogs)

5:

BlacKkKlansman (Upgrade, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Skyscraper, Unfriended: Dark Web, Sorry to Bother You)

The Meg (Upgrade, Hereditary, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Skyscraper)

4:

Bumblebee (Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Creed II (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Skyscraper, Sorry to Bother You, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Ready Player One, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Night School (Blockers, Breaking In, Tag, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

Venom (Black Panther, Game Night, Blockers, Deadpool 2)

3:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Mission: Impossible - Fallout)

Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

First Man (Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Skyscraper, Mission: Impossible - Fallout)

The Happytime Murders (Tag, The First Purge, Sorry to Bother You)

The Hate U Give (Skyscraper, Unfriended: Dark Web, Sorry to Bother You)

Kin (Hereditary, The First Purge, Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

Nobody’s Fool (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

The Nun (Tag, The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Skyscraper)

Searching (Hereditary, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

Smallfoot (Coco, Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2)

2 and 1:

Dog Days (Incredibles 2, Leave No Trace)

Spoiler

2:

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War)

The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Ocean’s 8, Mission: Impossible - Fallout)

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween (Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Halloween (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web)

Mary Poppins Returns (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter, Skyscraper)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

The Predator (The First Purge, Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Incredibles 2, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Robin Hood (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

A Star Is Born (Ocean’s 8, Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

Wonder Park (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin)

1:

Aquaman (Mission: Impossible – Fallout)

A.X.L. (Ant-Man and the Wasp)

Bad Times at the El Royale (The Spy Who Dumped Me)

Bohemian Rhapsody (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

Crazy Rich Asians (The Spy Who Dumped Me)

The Current War (Wind River)

Dumbo (Christopher Robin)

Hell Fest (Unfriended: Dark Web)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Incredibles 2)

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

The Little Stranger (Hereditary)

Little Women (Leave No Trace)

Mile 22 (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

Operation Finale (Mission: Impossible – Fallout)

Overlord (Mission: Impossible – Fallout)

Peppermint (Ocean’s 😎

Serenity (Tag)

A Simple Favor (The Spy Who Dumped Me)

Support the Girls (Sorry to Bother You)

White Boy Rick (Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

Widows (Ocean’s 😎

• Like 1

@WrathOfHan, haven't seen anything new, but let's just get back on track:

12x:

The Grinch: Isle of Dogs, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Deadpool 2, Show Dogs, Ocean’s 8, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 5

9x:

Smallfoot: Paddington 2, Early Man, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Incredibles 2 Round 5

7x:

Venom: Black Panther, Game Night, Black Panther Round 2, Blockers, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

Bumblebee: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Crazy Rich Asians: Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

6x:

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Last Flag Flying, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

5x:

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Peter Rabbit, Love, Simon, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Ready Player One, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Searching: Book Club, Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Hereditary, Tag

Bad Times at the El Royale: Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, The First Purge

Dog Days: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Leave No Trace, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

Bohemian Rhapsody: Deadpool 2, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

The Girl in the Spider’s Web: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

A Star is Born: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?, Blindspotting

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 5

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 5

A-X-L: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Incredibles 2 Round 5

The Meg: Deadpool 2, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Mission: Impossible – Fallout Round 2 (IMAX)

4x:

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4, Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Wonder Park: Leave No Trace, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

First Man: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

A Simple Favor: Adrift, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2, Blindspotting

3x:

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Commuter, A Wrinkle in Time
Can You Ever Forgive Me?: Unsane, Isle of Dogs, Book Club
Operation Finale: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Sicario: Day of the Soldado
The Happytime Murders: Action Point, Superfly, The First Purge
The Nun: Superfly, Tag, The First Purge
The House with a Clock in Its Walls: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies
Kin: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, The First Purge, Blindspotting

BlacKkKlansman: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Sorry to Bother You, Blindspotting

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day
The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2
Mile 22: Adrift, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Night School: Blockers, Tag
White Boy Rick: Superfly, Sicario: Day of the Soldado
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp
The Little Stranger: Hereditary, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
Mary Poppins Returns: A Wrinkle in Time, Leave No Trace
Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween: Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies
Life Itself: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2
Mary, Queen of Scots: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2
Second Act: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2
Nobody’s Fool: The First Purge, Blindspotting
Overlord: Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mission: Impossible – Fallout Round 2 (IMAX)

1x:

The Current War: Wind River
Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man
Johnny English Strikes Again: Tully
Peppermint: Adrift
City of Lies: Hotel Artemis
Widows: Superfly
Creed 2: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
The Predator: Sicario: Day of the Soldado
Dumbo: Ant-Man and the Wasp
Halloween: The First Purge
The Old Man and the Gun: Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
Little Women: Leave No Trace
We the Animals: Hearts Beat Loud
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part: Teen Titans Go! To the Movies
Robin Hood: Mission: Impossible – Fallout
Aquaman: Mission: Impossible – Fallout
The Hate U Give: Blindspotting
Blaze: Eighth Grade
The Wife: Eighth Grade
Madeline’s Madeline: Eighth Grade
Skate Kitchen: Eighth Grade

• Thanks 1

I was scrolling through Deadline's weekend article, and fucking hell, BKB is really trying to find a site :hahaha: 

BKB EARTHS MIGHTIEST HERO • 6 hours ago

This is once again an example of critics getting it wrong and totally underestimated this movie’s box office by double.. The Movie’s really good and with an opening like this, they should DEFINITELY make a sequel.. Adapt MEG: HELL’S AQUARIUM.. That book involves multiple underwater creatures going at it.. Even the whale that inspired Moby Dick is in the book which was the only thing to give a MEG a run for it’s $$$ back in that period..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Really great weekend. Terrific holds across the board and it's always fun to see something like The Meg explode like this.

It always feels like there is space for a fun action movie in mid August. Audiences looking for a non taxing way to end summer. Geostorm should have been an August release last year instead of studios just ending summer in mid July.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not that I've had any real doubt for weeks, but 600 is officially locked for I2 after this weekend hold. Depending on what the Labor Day expansion does for it, it may end up going up to 610. If it gets to 612, it will have the same post second weekend legs as Inside Out. 

Three $600m+ films in one year.

I wonder when this record will be broken.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I was scrolling through Deadline's weekend article, and fucking hell, BKB is really trying to find a site :hahaha: 

I'm not sure how much BKB can really brag since he was predicting over 400M domestic, but whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

2019 only needs one wildcard breakout to hit 4.

If we are assuming A4, Lion King and Star Wars 9... what else could plausibly do it?

Most likely probably Captain Marvel pulling a BP or Frozen 2 going crazy.

SLOP2?

Toy Story 4?

WW84?

4 minutes ago, MagnarTheGreat said:

Three >$600M domestic in the 2018 calendar year (BP, A:IW, likely I2), and four in a one year window (SW:TLJ, BP, A:IW, likely I2).

These films have really high DOM splits for some reason (excluding AIW). Three of them haven't even made 0.5A.

• Haha 1