chasmmi

Top 100 Characters 2018 countdown has begun, Number 39 Will Blow Your MInd!!

95th - Morpheus - Laurence Fishburne - The Matrix

Trying his best to hold his team together as the world around him fell apart more and more as the trilogy progressed, Fishbourne was a major feature in the Matrix films.

Remember when Morpheus was the coolest thing ever. All that 'Stop trying to hit me and hit me!" and so on. God he was the coolest, and the Matrix was the coolest too. Morpheus was one of the few characters that managed to pretty much stay engaging as the Matrix trilogy spiraled into whatever the second two films were becoming. It is great to see him make the list. 

As for Neo and friends... let's wait and see.  

• Like 11

I'm stopping here for today as it is weekend time. But I wanted to get the list started. Worst case scenario I'll smash through a bunch of folks on Sunday evening. Tween now and then depends on how the powers of the alcohols affect me over Saturday. :)

• Like 2

Also, I’d like to say for these lists, it’s okay to give a reaction that isn’t a “Like”, such as the WTF or Disbelief face if you don’t like the pick.

But Chaasmi compiled the list, he didn’t make it.  Using a not cool reaction instead of disbelief (or none at all) is rather insulting when put time in to make a countdown.

There’s other reactions, that count toward somebodies reputation, you can use to show how you feel toward the movie.  Save “Not Cool” for when somebody actually says something rude or inappropriate, that’s what it’s really meant for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

@chasmmi Not to be a demanding and ungrateful jerk but... please post images and/or videos of "iconic" moments of each character in their entries. 

giphy.gif

Maybe... but its 2am on Frday night right now. You're lucky you even got the names speleed correctly 😛 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Also, I’d like to say for these lists, it’s okay to give a reaction that isn’t a “Like”, such as the WTF or Disbelief face if you don’t like the pick.

But Chaasmi compiled the list, he didn’t make it.  Using a not cool reaction instead of disbelief (or none at all) is rather insulting when put time in to make a countdown.

There’s other reactions, that count toward somebodies reputation, you can use to show how you feel toward the movie.  Save “Not Cool” for when somebody actually says something rude or inappropriate, that’s what it’s really meant for.

Although to be fair, I put Katniss at like 40th on my list and thus am pretty much the deciding reason that she is on the list and Tuco Ramirez is not. At least three folks out there are likely finding that an uncool thing to have happened. 

(Also the 'not cool' reaction is gonna take time to take its place in the way it is meant. Hell Youtube is 11 years old and people still dislike sad news videos. 

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

fair enough :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

Although to be fair, I put Katniss at like 40th on my list and thus am pretty much the deciding reason that she is on the list and Tuco Ramirez is not. At least three folks out there are likely finding that an uncool thing to have happened. 

(Also the 'not cool' reaction is gonna take time to take its place in the way it is meant. Hell Youtube is 11 years old and people still dislike sad news videos. 

Wasn’t trying to be rude to anyone.  I just figured this was a good place to re-point out what its purpose is for (and not for).

I think it’s a good addition, but could become something really negative/mean if people choose to use it incorrectly.

Edited by Pandamia!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chasmmi said:

95th - Morpheus - Laurence Fishburne - The Matrix

Trying his best to hold his team together as the world around him fell apart more and more as the trilogy progressed, Fishbourne was a major feature in the Matrix films.

Remember when Morpheus was the coolest thing ever. All that 'Stop trying to hit me and hit me!" and so on. God he was the coolest, and the Matrix was the coolest too. Morpheus was one of the few characters that managed to pretty much stay engaging as the Matrix trilogy spiraled into whatever the second two films were becoming. It is great to see him make the list. 

As for Neo and friends... let's wait and see.  

All three made my list.....I'm pretty sure Neo will get in, not sure about Trinity.

15 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

don't think people know "not cool" doesn't give points

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Katniss was around 50th or something on my list. So happy to see her make it on the official list. 

Also Legolas missed my list as already had reached the 5 character limits for the Lotr/Hobbit series. 

And I cant believe I left out Morpheus from my list. Although I realized way too late I had not placed some good characters on my list so this is gonna be common from me. 

But finally excited to see this list started. Thanks @chasmmi in advance for the list

This has stuck in my mind so I did some calculations. If Clive Candy made it onto the list thanks only to being #2 on my list and #6 on Sheikh's, that means he did it with 67 points. So since Tuco got 50 points from me alone, that means he couldn't even get 17 points from the rest of you combined. A little insane given that The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is one of the best-known films around these parts from before the blockbuster era.