chasmmi

Top 100 Characters 2018 countdown has begun, Number 39 Will Blow Your MInd!!

91st - Frodo - Elijah Wood - Lord of the Rings

Try not to tear up at the scene below as LOTR's most forbidden love story is finally ripped apart for good :(  

So it's our first franchise repeat, and likely not the last. The Baggins family were the centre-points of both trilogies and be it because of Elijah having the better character or him getting the better trilogy to head, Frodo is the only Baggins representative on this list (Bilbo ended at 269th). 

I know a lot of mega-frachise actors don't see a lot of big roles after their money ticket dries up, but I honestly expected Woods to do a lot more post Rings. He was great in this role and it's a testament that audiences generally were not sick of him once the 10th hour of watching him slowly walk to Mordor came around. 

• Like 18

90th - The T-1000 - Robert Patrick - Terminator 2

He was good, but I'm gonna be the one to say it, only two memorable robots out of 1000, is not a good batting average by Mr. Cameron really is it? 

IT's a tough job following up Arnie as a villain. Especially when you're up against said Arnie in said follow up. Patrick does a really good job of being the same but different. He is shown as being a genuine threat to the heroes in this film. 

More than one character from the Terminator franchise was voted for on this list. I will reveal that at least one more made the list, and at least one missed the list. I'm kind like that.

• Like 13
  • Astonished 1

89th - Professor X - Patrick Stewart - X Men

It was his cameo in X Men Origins that clearly tipped the balance and got him in the list I assume.

If there was ever a role that Patrick Stewart was born to play, it was JEan Luc Picard. But if there were ever two, then it was the poop emoji. A close turd... I mean third however was Professor Charles Xavier. 

Stewart is so good in this that it feels as if the role was written for him. He just owns the character to a point that it is incredible that McCavoy was able to make people disassociate the role when he took over for Origins. What's even more impressive is how well he grows the role with every performance, with Logan arguably being his best portrayal of the character to date. 

Fun trivia: This is now the second time that an actors surname on this list became the forename for the direct succeeding actor (after Jennifer Lawrence - Laurence Fishburne. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

The hobbits are key to the legandary LOTR trilogy and frodo is the main man. Sam and Frodo is the best relationship in the movies I have to say. God bless Frodo.

T-1000!!!! Iconic running style. Revolutionary cgi which im sure melted peoples mind in 1991. My second favourite Terminator model.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

As long as a few James Cameron characters make the top 100, I'll be happy. :) Maybe we can break down the list to see which director has the most in the top 100.

I'll leave it to somebody else to decide How to deal with the Russo Brothers in this situation :D

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

After this one I assume :) 

Image result for kristanna loken

Not canon but if she were....

4 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

I'll leave it to somebody else to decide How to deal with the Russo Brothers in this situation :D

Oh god are there a bunch of avengers in the top 100!? I like Spidey and Iron Man but the rest......

8 hours ago, chasmmi said:

89th - Professor X - Patrick Stewart - X Men

It was his cameo in X Men Origins that clearly tipped the balance and got him in the list I assume.

If there was ever a role that Patrick Stewart was born to play, it was JEan Luc Picard. But if there were ever two, then it was the poop emoji. A close turd... I mean third however was Professor Charles Xavier. 

Stewart is so good in this that it feels as if the role was written for him. He just owns the character to a point that it is incredible that McCavoy was able to make people disassociate the role when he took over for Origins. What's even more impressive is how well he grows the role with every performance, with Logan arguably being his best portrayal of the character to date. 

Fun trivia: This is now the second time that an actors surname on this list became the forename for the direct succeeding actor (after Jennifer Lawrence - Laurence Fishburne. 

Exhibit A of why I abstained. The rules separate Stewart from McAvoy for no rational reason.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I'm curious how Arnold in Terminator was handled since he plays 4 distinct T-800s (not counting his cameo in Terminator Salvation).

I imagine every t-800 model will count together.

Basically just arnolds terminator.

32 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I imagine every t-800 model will count together.

Basically just arnolds terminator.

Eh I would disagree with that. Especially since he's a villain in the first and three different protectors in 2, 3, and 5.