dudalb

Patrick Stewart as Picard to return in new Trek TV series....

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Season 3 is outstanding so far, episodes 3 and 4 are probably the best thing with the Star Trek name on it since the 90’s. If you love TNG but Picard season 2 put you off, it’s well worth getting back into it.

Isn't it amazing what a difference new showrunners/writers can make?  Seasons 1 & 2 were some of the most off putting TV I've ever seen and now I'm just sitting here in disbelief that Picard is now better than anything Disney has done with Star Wars in 10 years except maybe Andor.

I really hope it stays this good for the rest of the season.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

The second half of this season has some plot issues/contrivances(didn't care for the Borg that much in this) but it gets all the TNG characters right and most of the emotional stuff lands which makes up for it.  The TNG cast play off of each other so damn well and it really gave me the feels and even emotional in some parts because TNG is one of the greatest TV shows ever made and a huge part of me growing up.

Imagine if this was Season 1 and the following Seasons were just as good or better, Star Trek: Picard might've been one of the most watched TV shows today.

I think Hollywood in general could learn a LOT from Star Trek: Picard Season 3.   Stop trying to subvert and reinvent famous/popular IP's by turning them into depressing, obnoxious, current year focus-group pandering bullshit with shit writers that couldn't write real people or engaging stories if their lives depended on it.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

Wonderful finale to a thoroughly enjoyable season. This was nostalgia done the right way, and it ended perfectly. I wish they’d have done the IMAX screenings outside the US because I bet it looked/sounded great on the big screen.

I’d happily watch a follow up show focusing on the characters that were blatantly being set up for a spin off (I’d be amazed if Paramount haven’t already internally greenlit it and are just waiting for the finale to have its moment before announcing who will return).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

The second half of this season has some plot issues/contrivances(didn't care for the Borg that much in this) but it gets all the TNG characters right and most of the emotional stuff lands which makes up for it.  The TNG cast play off of each other so damn well and it really gave me the feels and even emotional in some parts because TNG is one of the greatest TV shows ever made and a huge part of me growing up.

As much as I enjoyed every episode on a weekly basis I was really worried for the whole run of the season about all the directions they were potentially taking. I think the door mystery was held on to for too long (no need for the promise of the same information to be the cliffhanger twice in a row), and I feared it would head too much into action territory with a major load of nostalgic bait. Technically they did all of these things, but it was executed way better than NuTrek has ever been able to pull off before. I didn't need the Borg or a certain ship to come back, but it's much easier to accept when the character-work has been so genuinely thoughtful the whole season.

19 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Imagine if this was Season 1 and the following Seasons were just as good or better, Star Trek: Picard might've been one of the most watched TV shows today.

Man, I've been imagining the previous seasons not existing and all we ever got was this as a one season long anniversary of TNG. It would've been such a special event.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Yeah seconding everyone else, loved this season and it's probably the best TNG "movie". I have my issues with it sure but it gave us a beautiful finale for this era of Trek after Nemesis shat the bed and redeemed itself from those abysmal first two seasons. 

My major gripes is that the plot starts to spin its wheels in the middle, especially with the red door mystery. The borg are very been there done that but it seemingly ends the borg storyline for good. Had season 1-2 not happened, their return would've had a massive impact. I also felt the final two episodes escalated a bit too quickly and wrapped up too neatly, I'd have started doing the Borg by Ep8 to flesh it out more pacing wise. But ah...the epilogue to the finale...nailed it. Best Star Trek in so long, episode 4 with the space squid babies is genuinely one of my fav Trek episodes period. 

I really hope they make Star Trek Legacy.